Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Principal Superintending Engineer (Mechanical), Job Group “Q”– 1 post (Advert No. 9/2022)
Duties and responsibilities
An officer at this level will be deployed to perform duties in one of the following function areas;
i) consultancy services;
ii) equipment utilization;
iii) equipment maintenance;
iv) planning and development:–
In this functional area, duties and responsibilities will entail: control, direction and supervision of all activities related to consultancy services which shall include checking and advising on standards for vehicles, plant and equipment; disposal of vehicles, plant, equipment and other mechanical stores; standardization of procurement procedures as per the procurement Act; co–ordination of the departments technical consultancy services with other public and private sectors; overseeing staff welfare and discipline.
In this functional area, duties and responsibilities will entail: control, direction and supervision of Equipment Maintenance activities in the County and the workshops which shall include co–ordination and supervision of the preparation expenditure forecasts on maintenance activities; monitoring expenditure in the County against the department’s votes; co–ordination of the preparation of equipment maintenance
progress reports; co–ordination of vehicles, plant and equipment inventory in all the sub–counties.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
i) Served in the grade of chief superintending engineer (mechanical) or a comparable and relevant position in the public service for at least three (3) years or seven (7) years in a comparable position in the private sector;
ii) A bachelor degree in mechanical engineering from a recognized institution in Kenya.
iii) Been registered by the engineers registration board of Kenya
iv) Current valid annual practicing licence from the Engineers registration board of Kenya
v) Corporate membership with the institution of engineer of Kenya (IEK);
vi) Strategic leadership development course or related course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
vii) Demonstrated general administrative ability required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of mechanical engineering programmes
How to Apply
Duly filled Employment Form together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD OFFICES
P.O BOX 90–10100,
All applications (hand delivered or through post office) should be received on or before 20th January 2022 at 5.00pm
Download County Government of Nyeri Employment Form for all Vacancies.
1. Shortlisted candidates will be required to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution during the interviews. They will be required to provide valid compliances which includes;
▪ Good Conduct
▪ Higher Education Loans Board
▪ Tax Compliance
▪ Ethics and Anti–Corruption
▪ Credit Reference Bureau.
2. Interns who have served or are currently serving in the County Government of Nyeri and fulfils the requisite requirements for appointment are encouraged to apply.
3. Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above address and cellphone.
4. The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for payment or favor should be reported to the police or to the County Public Service Board. You can use our cellphone numbers: 0745342000 / 0733977003