Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Office of the County Attorney
Senior Legal Officer, Job Group ‘N’ –2 Posts (Advert No. 24/2022)
Duties and Responsibilities
i) Coordinating and facilitating research on legal issue to inform the advice provided by the legal department
ii) Co–ordinating and organizing appointments and meetings including meeting rooms.
iii) Coordinating and facilitating research on legal issue to inform the advice provided by the legal department.
iv) Ensuring implementation and realization of strategic plans and objectives in respect of the legal function.
v) Assisting in implementation and realization of strategic plans and objectives in respect of the legal function
vi) Assisting in keeping and managing documentations on approved projects for the County Government to track and monitor progress of the said projects and prepare reports
vii) Assisting in complex litigation on behalf of the County Government
viii) Diligently executing the functions and exercise the authority provided for in the County Attorney’s Act
ix) Supporting the County Attorney in discharge of duties as assigned in respective technical unit
x) Attending court and/or monitoring external counsel case management
xi) Maintaining accurate filling and recording system and track file movement for efficient record management and record keeping
xii) Generating office reports
xiii) Supporting the designated county departments and agencies on legal matters
xiv) Drafting contracts, lease agreements and memorandum of understanding between the county government and its collaborators.
xv) Drafting legislative proposals
xvi) Articulating county attorney’s position in meetings, seminars, negotiations and conventions.
xvii) Initiating and undertaking research on complex and emerging issues
xviii) Preparing legal opinions and briefs on behalf of the County government
xix) Attending all monthly departmental and county meetings to ensure efficiency of the County functions
xx) Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements for Appointment
i) Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized Institution in Kenya.
ii) Kenya School of Law Post Graduate Diploma
iii) At least 3 Years post admission experience
iv) Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
v) Valid Practicing Certificate
vi) Experience in legislative drafting and litigation shall be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Duly filled Employment Form together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD OFFICES
P.O BOX 90–10100,
All applications (hand delivered or through post office) should be received on or before 20th January 2022 at 5.00pm
Download County Government of Nyeri Employment Form for all Vacancies.
1. Shortlisted candidates will be required to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution during the interviews. They will be required to provide valid compliances which includes;
▪ Good Conduct
▪ Higher Education Loans Board
▪ Tax Compliance
▪ Ethics and Anti–Corruption
▪ Credit Reference Bureau.
2. Interns who have served or are currently serving in the County Government of Nyeri and fulfils the requisite requirements for appointment are encouraged to apply.
3. Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above address and cellphone.
4. The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for payment or favor should be reported to the police or to the County Public Service Board. You can use our cellphone numbers: 0745342000 / 0733977003