Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) – General Secretariat is the national administrative, facilitative and coordinative arm through which KCCB undertakes all responsibilities which express the KCCB mission in Kenya. KCCB is the prime recipient of the grant entitled Komesha TB awarded by US Agency for International Development.
KCCB is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Finance Officer to be based in Kisumu.
Job Purpose: The Komesha TB Senior Finance Officer is responsible for all financial functions including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and compliance. The position holder ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as KCCB internal policies and procedures. The position will support the Program Department to provide timely reports and assistance to the team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively. Working under guidance from the Director of Finance, the SFO will support the annual budget process for the organization and will provide oversight of all updates to the donors. Monitor revenue and spending against budgets to ensure strict adherence to the organizational budget.
- Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in the country office and in area program offices in accordance with the KCCB Finance Manual and donor regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
- Train and supervise finance staff in the program.
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of Komesha TB projects.
- Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions for Komesha TB, for review by the Deputy Director- Finance and Compliance, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly management reports to the Deputy Director- Finance and Compliance and Program staff as required, including expenditures by cost center/project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare financial reports, for review by the Deputy Director- Finance and Compliance, to donors in line with donor requirements and templates.
- Assist in developing annual fiscal year budgets together with the Deputy Director-Finance and Compliance
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; train KOMESHA TB staff in these policies.
- Ensure compliance with KCCB financial policies and procedures.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Komesha TB and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Any Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics
- Professional qualification in CPA, ACCA, CMA
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience, at least 5 years within donor funded non-profit organization preferably USG
- Possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Experience in a multi-office, multi-national environment.
- Management and supervisory experience desired.
- Ability to design complex financial models, proposal budgets and other financial reports.
- Ability to organize and present issues in a clear, concise and logical manner, and communicate complex financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including MS Excel, report writer tools, and ability to navigate within accounting systems and other databases.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, exercise good judgment, and quickly identifies and resolves problems with minimum supervision.
Skills & Competencies
- Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills
- A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels and different backgrounds
- A problem solving and solution oriented attitude; be methodical and adaptable
- Planning skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within given deadlines
- Approachable and willingness to listen and assist finance and non-finance colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure and on irregular working hours
- Ability to occasionally conduct training of staff within the financial management area
- Be honest, respectful and trustworthy with high level of professionalism
- Good knowledge of Social Teachings of the Church and Ethical Principles
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to:-
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops-General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
Please apply online through the following portal: http://portal.karp.or.ke/vacancy/openings
To reach him on or before 14th January 2022
Candidates to only submit application letters and CV’s. Academic certificates and testimonials will be needed if candidates are shortlisted.