Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) is a non-profit service company, registered under the Companies Act. It operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula.
AKESK is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world. AKESK is looking to hire a Human Resources Manager based in Nairobi:
We are looking for a strong HR Generalist with sound experience in maintaining, enhancing and optimizing the organization’s Human Resources through staff planning, performance management, compensation and benefits, training, learning and development, as well as employee relations management, policies evaluation, HR Projects and operations. The successful candidate must have grounded experience in the country’s labour laws and Industrial relations procedures.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall organizational strategy
- Manage the recruitment, selection and on boarding process
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Oversee compensation and benefits management
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Oversee and manage a performance management system that drives high performance
- Select and supervise HR Officers and training specialists and coordinate company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators and other outside sources.
- Develop and monitor annual Human Resource budgets
- Oversee payroll preparation through HRIS
- Report to management and provide decision support through Human Resource metrics
- Assess training needs and monitor training programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Master’s Degree would be an added advantage
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Membership with the Institute of Human Resource Management
- A minimum of 7 years’ working experience with at least 3 of which must have been in a senior management position in Human Resources
- Work experience in an education setting is preferable
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of Labour Laws and Industrial Relation procedures.
- Proficiency in IT skills and knowledge of HR systems
- Ability to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong management and organizational skills
- The ability to contribute as a member of the senior management team
- Passionate about providing excellent client service