Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH, N) is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
- Support the implementation of quality and patient safety; enforce compliance with the hospital quality program across assigned departments, working together with the unit leadership and to carry out scheduled quality audits, guiding in corrective action formulation and implementation.
- Support the implementation of utilization management across assigned clinical departments in order to deliver cost effective patient care and address risk.
- Provide Physician liaison and clinical corporate client support, working closely with care managers.
- Provide support/guidance in the review of relevant policies to conform to the quality and patient safety standards of the hospital
- Lead the development of Policies and procedures as and where required
- Support assigned departments in process reengineering to optimize operational efficiency and patient care
- Guide the interpretation and implementation of developed policies and procedures in the context of the quality and patient safety framework.
- Constantly involved in the training and communication of quality and patient safety issues and standards/best practice throughout the assigned areas.
- Review accreditation and regulatory agencies survey /internal quality audit findings and support the development and implementation of corrective/preventive action plans to address non-compliance.
- Directs and supports the collection, measurement and presentation of data required for monitoring and improving quality and patient safety.
- Leads the Hospital in conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for sentinel and adverse events
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement and supports the implementation of CQI activities in assigned areas.
- Support departmental leaders in identification of relevant utilization management indicators
- Support departmental leaders in the collection and application of utilization management data in quality improvement activities
- Provide timely utilization management outcome reports to the clinical director and clinical departmental leaders to facilitate utilization improvement initiatives.
- In liaison with the clinical department support persons and departmental leaders, support the creation of wholesome QVRs that incorporate all quality indicators for the department.
- Train departmental leaders and staff in utilization management data collection.
- Identify gaps and challenges in timely data collection within the clinical departments and escalate to the clinical director for action.
- Support the departments in timely updates of the QVRs as set in policy, month by month.
- Liaise with the hospital statistician to achieve the integration of data in departmental QVRs into an institutional QVR.
- Coordinate the clinical departments support persons under the guidance of the clinical director for clinical quality data validation.
- Aggregation and analysis of clinical audit data
- Continuously audit compliance with the hospital quality and safety program in assigned areas.
- Coordinate the closure of matters arising from physician feedback for improved physician satisfaction and participation
- Develop appropriate indicators and targets and regularly report performance.
- Provide clinical support to Corporate clients via care managers
- Carry out any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by Quality Director /COS from time to time.
- University degree level – preferably with a Master’s Degree, Medical/Clinical qualification preferred.
- Health Management background would be an added advantage
- Minimum 3 (three) years’ experience in direct and indirect clinical care activities in a healthcare institution.
- In-depth understanding of good clinical practice requirements;
- Have strong experience and knowledge of clinical monitoring functions with knowledge of clinical research.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent data analytical and presentation skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
How To Apply