Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the following position in CHS Shinda Tena project in Siaya county: –
HTS LEAD: CHS/HR/STP/HTSL/01/2022
Overall Job Function
The overall function of this position is to ensure effective implementation and supervision of all HIV testing services (HTS) activities in the region including; identification of people living with HIV, linkage to treatment, longitudinal follow up and referrals for HIV prevention interventions. The HTS Lead will work closely with the County Health teams, other implementing partners, program teams, and service providers in Siaya County to strengthen health systems and ensure that the quality of HIV identification, prevention, linkage and retention to treatment are supported across the program in consistence with the donor and national guidelines. The HTS Lead will also be responsible for supporting the training, on-site technical supportive supervision, mentorship, and regular updates to technical teams and service providers in all populations.
- To provide leadership in the planning and implementation of HTS strategies including optimization of HTS in all service delivery points, assisted safe and ethical index testing and other high yielding strategies targeting different subpopulations.
- Support provision of HTS for Key, priority populations and DREAMs interventions
- To support interventions to ensure optimal linkage of HIV-positive clients to treatment in all subpopulations.
- Support rollout and scale-up of recency testing.
- Work with the SI lead to Support scale-up of the community health toolkit for HTS (electronic HTS) to all CHS Shinda Tena project supported health facilities.
- To ensure implementation of HTS quality assurance and control systems according to the National guidelines.
- Work with the laboratory lead to support the RTCQI process.
- Oversee the development and implementation of HTS work plans.
- To provide technical guidance to HIV prevention technical leads and technical officers in implementation of HTS strategies.
- Continuous capacity building of program staff and service delivery staff in health facilities and the community in provision of HIV testing services according to national guidelines.
- Work with the laboratory lead county HTS commodity focal persons and technical officers to support HTS commodity management through proper quantification and forecasting.
- Prepare relevant technical and progress reports and recommendations to improve program performance.
- Assess progress and barriers to achievement of program implementation plans, recommend action for improvement or modifications to address problems, document and highlight results
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Public health, Nursing, Clinical medicine or any other health-related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ HIV program experience, of which, two (2) years should be in an HIV programming technical position.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management procedures, guidelines, adherence support and HIV testing service delivery.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, report writing and presentation skills.
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting the position you are applying, and reference number as indicated in the subject line. Applications close on Monday 10th January 2022. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.