Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SOS Children’s Villages in Kenya is a member of the SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) Federation. SOS Children’s Villages in Kenya is a child-focused Non-Governmental Organization established in 1973 to provide care and support to children who have lost or are at risk of losing the care of their biological family. The organization’s vision is “No child should grow up alone” and its programmes are driven by the mission of “building families for children in need, helping them shape their own futures and sharing in the development of their communities”. In this regard, the organization works to reduce poverty; increase access to quality education and decent work; reduce inequalities and build strong institutions as laid out in SDGs 1, 4,8,10 and 16. This is done through programmes that are geared towards addressing the political, economic, health and social root causes that lead to high levels of child vulnerability and put families at risk of breaking down. SOS Children’s Villages in Kenya implements programmes in seven (7) of Kenya’s 47 Counties namely Nairobi, Mombasa, Uasin Gishu, Kisumu, Meru, Busia and Homa Bay. SOS Children’s Villages programmes focus on Alternative Care, Family Strengthening, Youth Empowerment, Education, Health Care and Advocacy.
We seek to recruit a dynamic mature persons to become a Pharmaceutical Technologist for Medical Centre Eldoret for SOS Children’s Villages.
Job Summary: The pharmacist supervises co-ordinates and oversees the work of pharmacy all through when on duty. In addition, s/he maintains a close involvement with patient health –care and personally attends to all clients who attend the pharmacy for services.
Key performance areas and responsibilities
The person is responsible for making sure that all required drugs are available and issued in the correct doses/ courses to the patients as per the pharmacy and poisons board of Kenya.
Pharmaceutical Technologist will undertake various duties which include and are not limited to the following:-
- Dispensing the correct medication to the patients.
- Stoke Management of drugs in the pharmacy.
- Recording of all the payments made for pharmacy services.
- Participates in quality control and assurance activities concerning the pharmacy
- Responsible for proper and confidential reporting and storage of pharmacy data/ records
- Implement and ensure safe storage procedures for the drugs are followed to the letter.
- Work with the medical Centre team to ensure provision of effective, efficient, quality services at the SOS medical Centre Eldoret pharmacy.
- Work with the medical Centre staff team to ensure maintenance of high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the pharmacy.
- Work with the medical Centre staff team to observe and comply with environmental and occupational safety measures and regulations.
- Participate in implementation of quality control and quality assurance program with the medical Centre staff team.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- A Valid practicing license Registered by Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- 3 years’ Experience in a Pharmacy
- Good Leadership skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV (with details of at least 3 traceable referees one of which must be immediate former employer should be sent electronically to):
Email: email@example.com addressed to the Human Resources Manager to reach us on or before 14th January 2022.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children’s Villages is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.