Clinical Officer , I Choose Life .
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Clinical Officer shall be responsible for technical planning and implementation of HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment program and provision of clinical and programmatic support to Jiimarishe teams, focusing on prevention, care, and treatment HIV and related services. In addition, they are to support counties in the actualization of their county strategic plans aligned to Vision 2030.
· Participate in project design, implementation, and evaluation
· In consultation with the Project manager, identify key issues to be addressed, and the strategies thereof
· In consultation with the Project manager develop feasible and sustainable operational plans that can generate funding at the project level.
· Participate in resource mobilization through idea generation, proposal development, and Innovations.
· Provide high-quality clinical HIV patient care according to national guidelines.
· Provide high-quality TB/HIV collaborative care in line with the National guidelines.
· Implement activities to improve the quality of care of HIV-infected children, adolescents, and pregnant and breastfeeding women.
· Establish clinic systems that support patient care appropriate to the staffing levels and patient volumes, including establishing patient flow with attention to infection control and patient referral systems within the facility and other institutions.
· Participate in organizing training and mentorship programs, including Continuous Professional Development.
· In charge of Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) meetings and case discussions at the facility
· Takes leadership in categorizing patients and initiating Differentiated Care Model (DCM) services at the facility.
· Lead the team in the provision of PrEP/SGBV services and Cervical Cancer screening
· Lead the evaluation and continuous improvement of medical practice (CQI Committee).
· Support infection prevention control (IPC) measures at the health facility.
· Participate in the generation, compilation, and utilization of site data to inform the delivery of services at the facility.
· Ensure entry of all data into the National Systems such as DHIS, EMR, etc
· Ensure preparation and submission of all clinical reports to all the stakeholders as per the ICL guideline
· Perform any other duties in line with the organization strategic focus.
Education and Training
Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Clinical Medicine and Community Health from a recognized institution
Certificate of registration from the Clinical Officers’/nursing Council
Certificate in Computer Applications Skills from a recognized institution
NASCOP Certification in Provision of both adult and paediatric ART and PMCT is an added advantage
At least two (2) years of experience, one year should be within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre.
Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis, and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV and Adherence support.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
Ability to work with a team, foster a team approach and incorporate capacity building and life skills activities into the program
Demonstrated ability to develop institutional partnerships and build network
Excellent communication skills with the willingness to work in a multi-sectoral team setting
Computer literate with an ability to analyze and utilize program development gaps for decision making
Excellent organizational skills, analytical and report writing skills
Demonstrated ability to develop, seek new opportunities, and build networks
Excellent communicator, team player, and willingness to work in a multi – Sectorial team setting
How to apply
If you meet the above qualifications, we encourage you to write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your CV and cover letter should reach us on or before Wednesday 12th January 2021. Kindly indicate your current/last and expected salary in your CV in pdf format with subject as ‘CLINICAL NURSE’
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.