Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At the M.P. Shah Hospital School of Nursing, we are committed to providing excellent education and research opportunities. We are looking to recruit ambitious and career driven persons for the following positions due to expansion of its services in the College of Health Science.
Librarian Assistant (1 – Position)
Reporting to the Head Nurse – Nursing School, the Librarian Assistant will assist medical practitioners locate evidenced based research on various conditions, diseases and treatment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update records – maintain a catalogs of books that indicates the within the library and those in circulation.
- Book arrangement – receive classify and arrange items in shelves according to content and purpose.
- Aid in Procurement – Facilitate the acquisition of books, pamphlets, periodicals, and audiovisual materials by checking prices, figuring costs and preparing appropriate order forms for review and sign off
- Training- Teach patrons on how to use reference sources, card catalogs, and automated information systems.
- Maintain order and silence – maintain a quiet and peaceful atmosphere that allows patrons to focus on their work by enforcing library policies.
- Aid patrons to locate books- Utilize library catalogues to find the catalogue number of the book. Utilize catalogue number to identify the shelf that the book is.
- Member registration – Register new members by create new account and inputting user identification and data into the system
- Loan books to members – confirm number of books in circulation before issuing out books. Scan bar codes of the book and inform member of the return date.
Qualifications & Requirements
Diploma in Library Science
Minimum two (2) years’ work experience in a library
Bachelor of science in Library or Information science will be added advantage Must be proficient in Microsoft suite
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates in the above position are encouraged to forward their CVs and application letters on or before 15th Jan 2022.