Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Duty Station: Dandora, Nairobi
Duration: 1 year contract, extendable based on performance
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organisation has health projects in more than 70 countries.
Our project in Mathare, Kenya, is looking to fill the position of a Youth Friendly Center Activity Manager. The successful candidate reports to the Medical Team Leader (MTL).
MSF started working in Nairobi’s Eastlands in April 1996. In January 2021, MSF started offering services at the Youth Friendly Center (YFC), located at Dandora II Health Center. The Center’s activities have been designed together with the Dandora Youth, key stakeholders in the community, and the Ministry of Health, and the YFC is run with the active participation of beneficiaries. The center provides packages of both medical and psycho-social activities targeting the age group between 10 and 24 years old. The focus of the medical component is Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (SRH), including care for Sexual Violence victims, and Mental Health – psychosocial counselling and referral. In addition, a mobile clinic providing primary health care and SRH services to population working at the Dump Site in Dandora is being implemented. The social services include mentorship and educative services on life and social skills, health education and outreach activities.
Objective of the position:
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all the activities of the Dandora Youth Friendly Center (YFC) and promoting MSF services according to MSF principles, protocols and standards.
Other tasks include, but not limited to:
- Actively identifying the needs of the target population and participating in the definition, planning and updating of the appropriate strategy and its budget. (medical, non-medical and mobile activities, campaigns, objectives, specific actions, etc.)
- Identifying indicators in order to monitor the activities results (medical & non-medical) and achievement and using the concrete tools to measure and follow up those activities, in close collaboration with the Medical Referent
- Supervising the YFC team and their activities, in and outside the center, reporting difficulties and progress as well as adapting format and content when necessary. Planning and supervising the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and internal communication) of the YFC staff of the project according to MSF vision, values and procedures.
- Ensuring regular collaboration and coordination with the MSF medical team and supervisors for updates on activities and ensuring adherence to the MSF protocols and guidelines
- Liaising with other relevant actors (MoH, national and international NGO’s, CBOs, authorities,etc) also involved in Youth and SRH activities, analyzing interventions and building cooperative relationships and advocacy, in order to enhance the influence of the campaigns and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted population
- Providing the monthly reports for the YFC according to guidelines (SitReps, statistical reports, etc.)
- Supporting and actively collaborating with the Dandora Youth Advisory Council
- Continuing with identification and mapping of partners who can collaborate with MSF in the YFC towards holistic services. Develop partnership agreements
- Community engagement in strong collaboration with IECHP department (developing and refining tools for active engagement and monitoring standards of the YFC, patient engagement and ongoing feedback)
|Education||Essential, university degree in social sciences, social communication, health promotion or related studies|
|Experience||Essential 2 years of previous work experience in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research). Previous experience working with Youth is a plus. Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs is a plus. Experience in qualitative research is an added advantage.|
|Languages||Fluency in English and Kiswahili is a must.|
|Knowledge||Computer literacy, People Management|
|Competencies||Flexibility, commitment, stress management.|
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate).
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated curriculum vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject email line, “Youth Friendly Center Activity Manager ”, to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 21st January 2022
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.