Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
General Summary and Background:
The purpose of the Afya Ugavi Activity under the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management project is to address the supply chain and health commodity systems strengthening needs of the family health, malaria and HIV∕ AIDS programs within Kenya. This will be directed through technical assistance (TA) at both national and county level. The task order will support the Ministry of Health (MOH) Department of Family Health (DFH), National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), and the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with HR compliance and documentation, recruitment needs by placing ads, reviewing CVs, organizing interviews. Prepare draft employment agreements, and answer any questions.
· Support the review of all procurement, contract/subcontract and HR administration activities assuring compliance with the prime contract, corporate policies and procedures and applicable federal, USAID and local regulations.
· Support the review and managing of contracts with suppliers and staff and ensure compliance with Chemonics procedures and relevant country laws.
· Provide strong organizational leadership (on-the-job mentoring, coaching, capacity development, change management) for direct reports and you foster good relationships with and between partners and teams, supporting a positive organizational culture.
· Oversee project logistics (travel, lodging) and project vehicle use, ensuring that administrative staff perform efficiently.
· Assist with the organization of meetings and events on and off site as directed which may include setting up of rooms, arranging catering and refreshments, ensuring the necessary equipment is in place and functioning, taking minutes where necessary, and the preparation of papers for distribution.
· Ensure Policy Manual templates are up to date, in use, and shared with all staff and that policies and procedures are being enforced per the manual and help answer any staff queries related to personnel/administration/finance on the project.
· Share travel itineraries/information with PMU on weekly basis via daily so that both FO/HO are aware of staff travel and so that appropriate evacuation/medical coverage is in place for travelers.
· Provide assistance in meeting deadlines, daily office functioning, and supportive supervision functions.
· Supervise the Project Assistants, Administrative assistants.
Qualifications and Salary
· University Degree in University Degree in Business Administration, Procurement or Human Resource.
· Demonstrated knowledge of project management practices. Preferably five years’ experience with a USAID contractor in a similar management.
· Fluent English and strong writing skills required.
· Advanced skills in using word processing (Microsoft Word) and spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel).
· Strong interpersonal skills in the context of dealing with expatriate and Kenyan staff members, as well as with general business community, USAID and GOK agency representatives.
· Demonstrated ability to live and interact in different cultures required.
· Strong organizational and management skills required.
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with intermittent local travel
How to apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their updated CV and cover letter through email to email@example.com with subject line “Operations Manager” by CoB January 14, 2022.