Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Case Processing Assistant – Kenyan National Hire
Reports To: Senior Office Technician
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Programs, Case Processing
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: 3(N)
FLSA & Union Status: Non – Exempt **
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is responsible for the processing of refugee case files under the direction of a designated Case Processing Unit Supervisor
Completes all tasks related to refugee case processing as assigned by the unit Supervisor, ensuring strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM, USCIS, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
Maintains complete and accurate records in START and physical files of all actions taken on a case.
Receives, creates and enters new applications in START.
Creates physical files and updates data in WRAPS as appropriate.
Review cases to ensure they are good for Prescreen or USCIS interviews.
Schedules cases in WRAPS as per the calendar and matrix provided.
Requests security checks and updates data in START as appropriate.
Scans and attaches documents in START.
Holistically reviews and ensures case is ready for the next stage in process.
Prepares decision letters for onward distribution to refugee applicants.
Reviews cases in START and physical file and completes travel packets for travel ready cases.
Conducts regular quality assurance checks to ensure cases are consistently and correctly updated, both electronically and in the physical file.
Completes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management
· Five (5) years of paid work experience is required, or a Bachelor’s Degree in lieu of five years paid work experience.
· Strong English communication skills, both oral and written
· Demonstrated computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
· Strong organizational and time management skills
The Case Processing Assistant must have the ability to:
· Accurately type 5100 ksph with a 95% accuracy rating;
· Achieve 80% pass mark on administered assessments;
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
· Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees
and members of the general public;
· Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
· Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
· Work independently and contribute to the overall operations of RSC Africa;
· Take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
· Lead others and address issues as they arise;
· Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
· Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
· Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
· Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
· Effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
· Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
· This position is based in (Nairobi, Kenya)
· This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
· Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment.
· A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
· Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.**
· Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
· Full time: All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.