Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Senior Case Processing Assistant
Reports to: Case Processing/ Processing Support Supervisor
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: 4 (N), Associate Specialist
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is responsible for the processing of refugee case files under the direction of the unit supervisor. The position may also be responsible for responding to refugee, partner and other inquiries, and conducting case management on specialized pipelines (e.g. minors, expedites, family reunification, longstayers, among others).
Completes all tasks related to refugee case processing as assigned by the unit supervisor, ensuring adherence to RSC Standard Operating Procedures.
Conducts tasks related to all stages of case processing dependent on operational priorities, including case creation, security checks, USCIS admin, scanning, scheduling, medicals, assurances, travel processing, and responding to inquiries.
Takes a lead role in projects within Case Processing/ Processing Support including planning workflow, providing direction, identifying reporting parameters, setting timelines and completing quality control checks on the project.
Confirms that staff have appropriate rights/access to essential folders and databases to facilitate their work.
Assesses daily unit reports and recommends work plans, pipeline reviews and clean-ups.
Takes the lead role in the creation of daily work plans in the absence of the Supervisor or as delegated.
Runs QC reports on data and identifies action items and reports these findings to the Supervisor.
Assists in the development of Case Processing/ Processing Support onboarding and training procedures and modules as well as assisting in their implementation as required.
Assists with case management through a holistic review of USRAP cases and follow up with relevant RSC Africa processing teams to effect changes needed.
Provides guidance to staff with regards to deferrals and case status inquiries from Refugees, Partners, Attorneys, Resettlement Agencies and Congress either electronically or via physical letter, with strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM Guidelines for the Treatment of Refugee Records.
Uses reports to monitor specialized caseloads including minors, expedites, family reunification and long stayers in the pipeline.
Reviews unit SOPs and guidelines periodically and suggest updates if/when necessary.
Attends scheduled dry runs and provides feedback as necessary.
Participates in process reviews.
Takes the lead role in hiring and payment of interpreters if needed by the unit.
Compiles information for Case Processing/ Processing Support management feedback.
Occasionally travels to different processing locations to provide case status information to USRAP applicants, conduct cross-referencing and decision counseling, support Field Processing and USCIS on admin days, and solicit refugee information for the purpose of case processing and updating.
Other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
This position performs additional duties and special assignments as needed to facilitate the efficient processing and operation of the United States Refugee Admissions Program in Sub-Saharan Africa.
· Five (5) years of paid work experience is required
· Prior paid work experience with CWS Africa is preferred
· Strong written and verbal English skills
· Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail
· Take initiative in the development and completion of projects
· Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
· Maintain the integrity of official records;
· Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
· accurately type 35 wpm with a 93% accuracy rating;
· follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
· deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
· conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
· pass the job knowledge assessments with score of 80% or higher; pass a job knowledge assessment in order to be confirmed at the end of probation;
· take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
· lead others and address issues as they arise;
· maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
· effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
· Work with minimal supervision
· Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
· Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
· Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment is required.
Education & Certifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree required or four years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree required.
· COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
· The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa
· This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
· This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
· This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
· Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
· A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
· Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
· Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
· Full time
· All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
· This position is contingent upon approval of funding.