Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall Role Purpose
MPESA Foundation Academy, is an IB World School with a mission to develop transformational leaders who strive for excellence and success for themselves, their communities and their world. As enshrined in the school vision – the academy is a leadership development institution, focused on delivering an innovative world class education through a holistic curriculum so that our learners are principled, reflective and open-minded. Through our programmes, we will nurture active, compassionate and successful life-long learners.
Central to meeting the mission, is the curriculum. The IB Educator will form part of the faculty who will themselves aspire for professional proficiency, in order to inspire and motivate the school community to develop lifelong learners. Of particular interest, will be to plan and deliver effective lessons, assess the students’ learning while meeting the needs of each and every child taking into account the overarching principles and values enshrined in both the school’s and the International Baccalaureate’s educational philosophies.
Planning and Delivery
• To prepare and deliver high quality lessons in line with the IB (International Baccalaureate) and school’s vision and mission.
• To collaboratively develop unit and lesson plans for the IB curriculum
• To ensure students acquire excellent knowledge and skills so that they make progress, achieve their targets and are prepared for the next stage of their careers
• Produce documents such as Unit plans, Records of Work, Course outlines, class analysis etc
• Differentiate lessons in order to match learners’ needs
• Deliver lessons that incorporate IT, active learning strategies and assessment for, as, and of learning
• Set meaningful home learning, mostly using the FLIPPED learning approach
• Contribute and participate in intervention programmes
• Assess work using a range of assessment techniques
• Develop assessments in line with IB programme expectations
• Provide effective verbal and written feedback to learners in good time
• Contribute to setting and moderating formative and summative assessments in line with IB expectations
• Analyse learners’ progress to inform future teaching and intervention
• Produce academic progress reports
• Administer examinations effectively
• Manage teaching time through punctual and consistent attendance and observance of school timetable
• Manage students’ behaviour in the classroom, on school premises and on trips
• Utilize resources efficiently to enable effective outcomes
• Use Academy Learning management system such as ManageBac effectively
• Develop and maintain a stimulating teaching environment.
Other professional responsibilities
• Undertake pastoral duties, including that of a homeroom tutor so students are adequately supported through their school journey
• Participate in, organise and guide co-curricular and life skills activities
• Support the core of individual IB Programmes such as CAS, SL, SA, PP, EE, RP, TOK, PPS, and LD.
• Actively contribute to department engagements and pastoral responsibilities
• Take ownership of own professional development and participate in CPD provided by the Academy
• Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships and relevant liaison and communication with staff and other stakeholders
• Attend to duties assigned
• To undertake any other additional tasks as may be reasonably required by the Head of Department, Programme Coordinators, Head of IB Programmes and Director of Studies.
• Contribute to the development of whole school culture
• Set objectives in line with the school’s appraisal system
• Maintain a vibrant and rich professional portfolio tracking individual progress
Academic Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent, Master’s degree in Education is an added advantage.
• At least 4 years in similar role at an IB World School
• MUST be registered or eligible for registration with Teachers Service Commission
• Must have a proven track record of academic excellence in the same role
• Must have at least CAT 1 IB professional Development workshop certification in a similar role
Please read the job description before you apply for the position. Only those who meet the criterial set in the job description will be shortlisted for interviews.
Send your application letter and CV as one document to email@example.com not later than 17th January, 2022 stating clearly on the email subject line The job title and reference of the position you are applying for. E.g ENGLISH – TR/2022
Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted