Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This position is responsible for the supervision and performance of plant wastewater operators, equipment, and processes to ensure efficient and ensure compliance to the ETP parameters given by the regulatory body. The position reports to the Utility Manager.
- Must be capable of running the plant effectively in the day-to-day operations and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
- Supervise, plan, schedule, assign and review the work of the waste water operations staff
- Accountable for interviewing, training and managing the successful performance of the waste water operations staff.
- Responsible for meeting compliance with WWTP Permit. This includes conducting required sampling programs, submitting compliance reports and implementing corrective actions as necessary.
- Monitor and conduct environmental investigations relating to the operations of WWT Plant, making recommendations and implementing environmental regulatory compliance actions as necessary.
- Communicate in a professional manner with regulatory and other outside agencies concerning operations compliance of the wastewater facilities.
- Make decisions based on operational control data generated by the wastewater plant equipment and staff reports to ensure pretreatment systems are functioning at peak performance.
- Manage chemical inventory process, Ensure chemicals are ordered, stored properly, disposed of properly and available for the waste water treatment systems and plant sanitation.
- Manage sludge disposal process.
- Ensure availability of equipment replacement parts to maintain operational compliance and supervise & assist staff and contractors with equipment repairs.
- Review quotes on operational and maintenance items to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Coordinate and work with waste water operations staff to ensure all pretreatment systems are functioning properly and equipment PM’s are performed as scheduled and planned
- Maintain information in field logs and spreadsheets etc., issue work orders and schedule preventative maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Assist Engineering Division on WWT Plant capital projects to include developing project scope of work, selection of engineering design consultants, and perform on-site supervision of contractors performing the project scope of work
- Responsible for housekeeping inside and outside of the WWT plant and pump stations
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Environmental Science.
- Experience in Plant Maintenance especially pumps, mechanical seals, gland packing etc
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of waste discharge.
- Working Knowledge of ETP operations and Zero Liquid Discharge.
- Working Knowledge of RO plant, ultra-filtration, clarifiers for water treatment.
- Proficiency on Microsoft computer applications
- Attention to detail, good planning of schedule, knowledge of engineering tools, safety and health awareness, ability to think fast on feet, driving skills.
Pwani oil does not ask candidates to pay anything for interview process. please take note of fraudsters.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.