Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Communication Specialist
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Center for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The Communications Specialist will lead and manage the public relations, promotions, and media for Ciheb-Kenya and has a significant role in achieving the program’s Communications Strategy objectives. This role is responsible for developing and implementing an effective communications plan in accordance with the Ciheb-Kenya goals, objectives, and strategies. This includes managing public relations, promotions, and media, and ensuring alignment with Ciheb-Kenya branding requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ciheb-Kenya Website maintenance and content development (using the WordPress content management system).
- Managing Ciheb-Kenya email marketing system and maintaining the organization’s supporter database.
- Media relations, writing press releases and statements, building media lists, and collecting media mentions.
- Managing Ciheb social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube accounts.
- Designing print collateral, including brochures, short publications, and event invitations and signage.
- Integrating/cross-promoting all Ciheb-Kenya communications.
- Working with vendors, including website developers, graphic designers, and print companies.
- Supporting Ciheb-Kenya basic media relations, including writing press releases and statements, maintaining media lists, and collecting media mentions.
- Providing support to media relations consultants contracted for special promotions.
- Measuring and evaluating Ciheb-Kenya online and print communications and media relations.
- Editing communications materials written by Ciheb-Kenya staff and ensuring all communications adhere to the organization’s style guide.
- Working with Ciheb staff to execute special events, including developing event communications, promoting the event, and taking photographs during the event.
- Providing communication guidance and support with implementing program activities and continuing the development and improvement of the Communication Strategy for Ciheb-Kenya.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, mass media, political science, or related field
- The ideal candidate will have tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing, or public relations from a recognised university
- Substantial communications experience, covering public relations, promotions, and media, including in an international context
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences and communications mediums
- Personal flexibility for after-hours meetings, deadline demands, and travel
- At least five years of work experience and demonstrated success in a communications role that includes social media.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- High levels of integrity
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Tech savvy and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task and set priorities.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 21st January 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.