Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Project: ATI Program
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Period of performance: Date of Approval – End of Project
The USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program is a five-year, flexible buy-in mechanism jointly managed by the USAID Africa Bureau, Middle East Bureau, and Africa Regional Missions. It was designed to mobilize enterprise-driven solutions that increase trade and investment in Africa, including North and Sub-Saharan Africa. It strengthens Africa’s markets by developing new trade and investment relationships, particularly between the United States and African continent. It also works to achieves development outcomes across all sectors.
The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the Operations team. He/She will play a pivotal role in coordinating the daily operations of the project, including administration and office management. The individual ensures accurate and complete record-keeping and filing systems based on the project’s Field Operations Manual (FOM), USAID regulations, and contract requirements and limitations. He/She will support travel and logistics for events and for staff members, working with the Logistics Coordinator and Operations Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Operations Manager with organizing and coordinating weekly scheduled program meeting and take meeting notes
- Coordinate and support project external meeting including maintaining calendar, write invitations, arrange transport, and attending the meeting and taking note if required.
- Maintain project events and calendar of important events and update to all staff regularly
- Maintain project important contact profiles and info, and ensure the contact list is up to date
- Organize, manage and process all official ATI correspondence and other project documents
- Makes photocopies of project documents and reports, scan and upload documents as needed.
- Maintain communication with DAI’s home office staff on administrative and operational aspects of the project.
- Assist COP and CFO for their schedule, admin and operations needs
- Other duties assigned by the Chief of Party, Chief Financial Officer and Operations Manager.
- Manage office inventory and vehicles.
- Manage office space allocations for long-term staff and short-term advisors.
- Manage the security of the office premises, property therein, and the motor pool.
- Organize full-time driver staff and project vehicles and short-term intermittent drivers, as needed, to meet the travel needs of project staff.
- Work with the IT support staff to ensure the efficient operation of the local area network.
- Communicate with landlord on facilities management, improvement, and repair issues.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Operations Manager.
- A. Degree
- 4+ years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Strong office management and communications skills;
- Experience with USAID policies and regulations is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in dynamic environments and achieve development outcomes
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to perform high-level duties with a minimum of supervision
- Strong English writing and speaking skills required
- An articulate individual who possesses excellent communications and personnel management skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Previous experience with DAI policies, procedures, and systems (TAMIS, etc.) preferred
- Please note that the position is open to all Kenyan citizens and permanent residents or those with valid work permits at the time of application.
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
How to apply
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information, and upload CV. Please indicate what location you are applying for. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notification on next steps.
Please note that the position is open to all Kenyan citizens and permanent residents or those with valid work permits at the time of application.
*Interested candidates should submit their application no later than January 25, 2022.