Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Project: ATI Program
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Period of performance: Date of Approval – End of Project
The USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program is a five-year, flexible buy-in mechanism jointly managed by the USAID Africa Bureau, Middle East Bureau, and Africa Regional Missions. It was designed to mobilize enterprise-driven solutions that increase trade and investment in Africa, including North and Sub-Saharan Africa. It strengthens Africa’s markets by developing new trade and investment relationships, particularly between the United States and African continent. It also works to achieves development outcomes across all sectors.
The Communications Specialist will work with the Project Team to design and manage all aspects of internal and external project communications. S/he will contribute to the development of high-quality knowledge and learning content including data visualizations, success stories, case studies, and other reporting that informs learning activities and adaptive management decisions. S/he will also support the promotion of project activities through key communication channels, and will engage critical partners and communities of practice through strategic outreach and innovative communication practices.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Strategic Communications Advisor and other staff member(s) to ensure integration of communications and knowledge management activities that complement and report on state-level program activities.
- Assist the Strategic Communications Advisor with development and execution of the project’s overall communications strategy (internal and external) and develop project branding and messaging in line with the project’s approved Branding and Marketing Plan
- Support capacity building of local counterparts to effectively communicate with citizens and stakeholders
- Support the preparation and presentation to USAID of reports and written communications on the progress and impact of program activities including Monthly Updates, Quarterly Progress Reports, Quarterly Financial Reports, Annual Reports, and the Final Report
- Manage the project’s social media presence on Facebook or other to-be-identified appropriate social media platforms
- Oversee other project outreach through identified social platforms and messaging services
- Work closely with Project staff to design project specific communications and outreach strategies, including identification of strategic channels and key influencers, particularly those related to promotion of opportunities available under the Activity Fund
- Contribute to the design and implementation of grant and subcontract activities specifically related to communication and outreach activities
- Support communication and branding of Project events and workshops
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of public information materials
- Coordinate press and other media outreach, as appropriate
- Other related duties as assigned by Strategic Communications Advisor
- Travel to regional offices as required
The Communications Specialist will report to the Strategic Communications Advisor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and fluency in English
- University degree in relevant field.
- 8+ years of experience drafting reports, documents and outreach materials, and developing and implementing communications plans
- Experience in development communications on large, complex, multi country USAID-funded projects is highly preferred
- Experience leading the planning and implementation of outreach and media events, including press conferences and project launches.
- Proven experience engaging diverse audiences and supporting grass roots communications efforts.
- Ability to professionally communicate across all levels of an organization and the public
- Skilled in communication strategic thinking and planning
- Experience and understanding of reporting/developing communications products for USAID-funded project preferred
- Please note that the position is open to all Kenyan citizens and permanent residents or those with valid work permits at the time of application.
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
How to apply
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information, and upload CV. Please indicate what location you are applying for. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notification on next steps.
Please note that the position is open to all Kenyan citizens and permanent residents or those with valid work permits at the time of application.
*Interested candidates should submit their application no later than January 25, 2022.