Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) was launched in 2012. It has been a World Bank’s infoDev initiative and is among a global network of Climate Innovation Centers launched by infoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP). From 2016 to 2020, KCIC has been scaling up and admitting more clients.
KCIC has transitioned towards providing more inclusive and sustainable services since its inception and has been instrumental in impacting the climate change sector positively. SMEs and MSMEs have benefitted from KCICs technical and financial support which has resulted in the development of innovative solutions to address the negative impacts of climate change.
KCIC with the support of Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA) is implementing the GreenBiz programme. The GreenBiz programme focuses on increasing commercialisation and scaling up of climate-smart innovations. These innovations are to create decent jobs, increase access to low carbon energy sources, increase community and household resilience to climate change as well as contribute to other environmental and social benefits. GreenBiz targets climate smart businesses with climate smart innovations as its primary clients on five thematic areas namely renewable energy, agribusiness, water management, waste management, and commercial forestry. These clients must have developed a prototype and are within KCIC’s five thematic areas of focus.
KCIC is recruiting two (2) Business Analysts to be based in Nairobi.
The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting entrepreneurs (KCIC clients) to be become bankable or investor ready by providing client tailored technical assistance and support to Start-ups, SMEs and Community Based Organizations through business advisory services, organizing business trainings, coaching clients and linking clients to financiers, markets and relevant resources.
- Provide business advisory and financial analysis support to clients to support climate technology innovators;
- Analyze and evaluate programme requirements to ensure alignment of client’s strategy and the prevailing economic and technological advances through conducting client baseline/assessments;
- Nurture early-stage enterprises through market feasibility studies, product development, customer acquisition and revenue generation support;
- Support portfolio clients through research support in their areas of operation knowledge sharing and ensure collection of data for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Prepare financial models for enterprises to foster growth and scale up of enterprises;
- Support portfolio clients to develop bankable business plans / investment proposals/ Investment pitches;
- Analyze business needs for translation into technical requirements and propose mentorship solutions to the identified business problems;
- Identify business training needs for clients and their eventual facilitating preparations;
- Identify suitable events to promote KCIC’S profile and generate client leads;
- Maintain and monitor work schedules for periodic reporting to achieve programme objectives.
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s degree in business related courses.
- Professional qualifications in CPA, ACCA and CFA desired.
- Over 3 years’ experience in business development services, strategic or management consulting, or in providing technical business assistance ideally working with startup, early stage entrepreneurs, Community Based Organizations, and Self Help `groups.
- Experience in the critical analysis of a business, investment plans and financial statements;
- Experience working with the Climate Change sector is an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of professionals.
- Ability to work in an environment of constant change;
- Ability to solve problems and make critical decisions;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications Friday, 21st January 2022. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer