Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Nurse Manager- Cardiology.
- Perform and assist in 2D echocardiogram and dobutamine stress Echocardiogram for both in and out patients.
- Write Echocardiogram reports, to be countersigned by the cardiologist
- Assist Cardiologists in performing Trans-Esophageal Echo (TEE)
- Connect patients on 24hr Holter monitor, and disconnect them upon completion of the monitoring period
- Analyze and report on Holter monitor recordings for the Physician to review.
- Ensure timely dispatch of Echo and Holter Monitor reports to patients or referring Physicians
- Maintain patient, staff and visitor’s safety by observing infection control practices and other safety policies
- Collaborate with Biomedical Engineers to ensure prompt maintenance of Equipment
- Maintain accurate records of tests carried out by ensuring correct data entry on computer, report forms as well as batch registers
- Practice judicious use of unit stocks and ensure prompt billing of used consumables
- Participate in development of policies and procedures pertaining to Sonography
- Maintain effective communication with the other members of the Multidisciplinary team for effective patient care
- Participate in Unit based Continuing education and implementation of quality control programs in the department.
- Assist the manager in data collection and monitoring of identified unit based quality and performance indicators
- Participate in departmental events such as public screening for heart disease, Medical Camps, World Heart Day activities and Conferences
- Diploma as a Sonographer or Cardiology Technologist from a recognized training institution
- Valid certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
How To Apply