Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST
Job Summary: The Senior Regional HR Specialist is responsible for the implementation and effective delivery of HR services and management of HR programs, including interpretation and application of HR policies, rules, and regulations; facilitation of internal procedures and processes; and creative solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The Senior Regional HR specialist promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale. He/she is supports formulation of solid HR programs for Africa Region projects and supports the implementation of project human resources initiatives to attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most suitable talent for the projects and facilitate a successful performance management program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide operational HR support to project HR teams and project leadership while supporting the HR planning process for effective HR programing in the region
- Lead HR programs for designated projects in areas of; Learning and Development, HR Change Management, RTI Performance Management (Dynamic Development), Equity Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (EDIB), Wellness programs, Compensation and Benefits, and any other HR initiatives for the Africa Region.
- Review and approve Employment Administration requests in Service Now, CONNECT and any other HRIS for designated countries/projects/assignments. Back up the Regional HR Team as needed.
- Work in concert with the Regional Human Resource manager on all aspects of HR Management in the region; including mobilizing HR capacity support to projects and setting HR strategic priorities for designated countries in the region.
- Coordinate Project HR activities such as due diligence, Compensation, and benefit reviews. Facilitate Private Medical Insurance (PMI) and other staff benefit vendor engagement for designate countries including other staff benefits such as Work Injury Benefits (WIBA), Group Life Insurance (GL) etc.
- Serve as advisor to the Project HRMs and Project Chiefs of Party on HR technical, organizational, and management level issues for projects in assigned countries in the region
- Maintain HR files (including non-personnel) files, track, and compile HR tools as appropriate.
- Coordinate preparation of Local National (LN) contracts through timely preparation and submission of Employment Administration requests. Review and approve Employment Administration requests in HRIS.
- Assist in delivery and adoption of project staff learning initiatives with consultation with RTI Organization Development and Learning team, recommending, and enrolling project staff in short-term courses that are beneficial to the project skill gap needs and in accordance RTI University course availability and individual learning plans.
- Facilitate LN orientation and induction of staff, provide information to staff members on their employment conditions and entitlements, including on-entry briefings.
- Review, disseminate, and ensure full compliance of HR policy guidelines and country employee handbooks, benefit summaries, salary scales etc. and ensure they are consistent with local labor laws, USAID rules and regulations, RTI policies, values, ethics, procedures and strategies, effective implementation of the internal control framework and proper functioning of the HR policy framework.
- Provide oversight and direct support to projects in the management and administration of HR activities including recruitment, orientation, compensation, benefits and performance management, employee relations etc. in designated countries
- Drive innovation and a focus on continuous improvement for HR programs in the region as a valued member of the Africa HR team and RTI HR organization
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Education & Experience.
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ related experience; MA degree and 6 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of and experience in international, regional and national HR.
- Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and employment laws and legal resources.
- Familiarity with international development systems and policies.
- Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations to policies.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion; culturally astute.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, project staff, and clients.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized. Able to support and respond to the needs of the project HR teams as quickly as possible to enable consistent project service delivery
- Ability to read and speak additional languages (i.e., French) is an advantage
- Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must exhibit a flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment and a matrix organization which requires the ability to meet unexpected demands.
- Ability to work independently as well as perform in matrix organization.
- Must possess strong computer skills: ability to work with Microsoft Office product suite and HR systems.
- Strong writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking environment.
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel