Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who We Are
Co-Impact is a global philanthropic collaborative that supports locally rooted coalitions in the Global South to transform underlying systems and achieve impact at scale, with a core focus on advancing gender equality and feminist principles. We bring together funders from around the world to invest in initiatives that are working to improve education, health, and economic opportunity for millions of women, men, and children, by dismantling underlying conditions that perpetuate social inequities so that systems serve everyone better. Building on our experience to date, as well as that of civil society, government, and philanthropic partners, we are now developing a second fund focused on advancing gender-equitable systems change at scale and women’s leadership globally. For more information, please visit www.co-impact.org and take a look at our Handbook.
Co-Impact currently operates as a fiscally sponsored project of New Venture Fund (NVF). Over the next year, Co-Impact will be expanding to launch a second fund focused on gender equality and women’s leadership and changing our operating structure so that we spin out from NVF and build an independent institution.
Co-Impact is currently based primarily in Geneva, London, Nairobi, New Delhi, New York, and Zurich.
Where You Fit
Co-Impact seeks a thoughtful and talented Operations Assistant to provide key support on global organization-wide Homan Resources-related functions as well as overall operations support, enabling the work of our global team. Reporting to the Associate Director of Operations until the Director of Human Resources is onboarded, the Operations Assistant will assist with overall HR functions globally, including but not limited to recruitment, partnership with Employers of Record (EOR), and organization-wide people and culture efforts; as well as provide general operational support in scheduling and calendar management, grantmaking and compliance; database maintenance, information technology (IT), etc.
The ideal candidate must have experience in providing support with HR and managing administrative duties while juggling multiple tasks. The candidate is expected to have professional interest in HR, people and culture, and operations with strong communication and organizational skills, integrity, excellent judgment, and a proven ability to anticipate needs across a diverse and dynamic team.
Core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting the HR function with coordination of recruitment of new positions;
- Coordinating the onboarding of new team members, including but not limited to working with the EORs to ensure all paperwork is received and processed in due time, proper technology is procured and setup, welcoming and other onboarding orientations are set up, etc.
- Assisting with projects related to organization’s people- and culture-related projects.
- Dedicated calendar management for the Operations team and other senior members of the Co-Impact team, including scheduling and confirming meetings, reserving meeting rooms, and preparing relevant materials.
- Partnering with Administrative team in supporting complex scheduling for other members of the team.
- Arranging often complex travel itineraries, including reserving airline tickets and hotels, coordinating trips with other travelers, and compiling and submitting visa applications.
- Handling expense reporting for senior members of the team.
- Managing the logistics for various projects and special events.
- Managing, tracking, and replying to web portal inquiries; screening incoming correspondence, elevating to appropriate team members and drafting routine project correspondence.
- Gathering and organizing briefing materials in advance of meetings as requested.
- Other duties as requested.
* Role is expected to include minimal international travel.
Qualifications and Experience Required for the Role
- Bachelor’s degree and/or greater than two years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in HR support preferred.
- Experience with complex global scheduling.
- Ability to write and communicate ideas with clarity.
- Ability to seamlessly and diplomatically interact with a wide range of donors, external partners, co-workers, and the general public.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information and sensitive matters with discretion and a high level of professional judgement.
- Willingness to collaborate and contribute where the team needs help. Thrives in fostering an environment that promotes shared communications, efforts, and results.
- Ability to innovate process improvements.
- Ability to exercise judgement and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to quickly adapt to using other software tools (project management software, database software, contact management systems, etc.) for managing a range of operational processes.
- High level of self-motivation and at ease working independently when necessary.
- Ability to shift gears comfortably; decide and act without having the total picture; ability to comfortably evaluate and handle risk and uncertainty.
- Intellectually curious; seek and work with evidence, demonstrated openness to new ideas and a diversity of perspectives; unafraid to admit and learn from failure.
- Impeccable personal ethics and integrity, kind and caring.
- Sense of humor and ability not to take oneself too seriously.
- Experience working in the non-profit/philanthropy sector and or experience working with global remote teams.
- Proficiency in technology, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite products, Slack, Zoom, cloud storage platforms, etc. Experience with Salesforce a plus. Comfort in learning and using new digital tools and supporting others in using such tools.
- Fluency in English required, ability to speak additional global languages strongly preferred.
- Given the global nature of the organization, a willingness to be flexible in working hours and travel internationally. Demonstrated ability to collaborate equally effectively with colleagues in ‘remote’ and diverse teams.
This position is full time. Annual salary will be US $64,000 (or a local currency equivalent) plus a comprehensive benefits package and generous time off.
We encourage you to apply early. We will begin reviewing applications on February 3, 2022, and close the position once we have established a robust shortlist. Please apply online by submitting a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please note if you are authorized to work in the USA.
Because we are a small team, we regret that we can only respond to applicants selected for an interview. We also regret that we are unable to participate in informational calls prior to interviews. Thank you for your understanding.
New Venture Fund Careers
Co-Impact is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Co-Impact team members hired in the U.S. are employed directly by NVF. Team members hired elsewhere are employed through a Professional Employment Organization (PEO) engaged by NVF.