Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Opening date: January 10, 2022 Vacancy: CGHR/235/11/21
The Kenyan Medical Research Institute, Center for Global Health Research (KEMRI–CGHR), has been selected to participate in a seven country multi–center study that will quantify the burden of Shigella diarrhea among infants and young children in Sub–Saharan Africa and Asia to inform future Shigella vaccine trials. KEMRI–CGHR working in collaboration with the Center for Vaccine Development (CVD) at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Global Center for Integrated Health of Women, Adolescents, and Children at the University of Washington and funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, will participate in the Enterics for Global Health (EFGH)–Shigella study. The EFGH–Shigella project represents an extension of the Global Enteric Multicenter Study (GEMS) and the Vaccine Impact Assessment on Diarrhea in Africa (VIDA). The project is seeking to recruit for the following vacant position(s):
Position: Field Technologist (Team Leader), KMR 8 ( 2 positions)
Location: Siaya County
Reports to: Research Administrator
The Field Team leader position requires the incumbent to perform various functions, including coordination, field staff supervision, quality control, data management, Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS), capacity building, and reporting for Shigella Surveillance Study in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Diploma Degree in Social Science, Community Health, Public Health, or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience as a supervisor in the target region, performing field staff training and supervision, project quality control, data collection and management, stakeholder and collaborator coordination, logistics and supply management, and data analysis and reporting for a busy field site.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience with Microsoft Office suite, tablet–based data entry platforms.
- Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, Clinical research, Clinical trial process and related regulatory requirements and terminology.
- Experience in managing and ensuring data quality.
- Fluency in English and Swahili, written and spoken, with fluency in the local language spoken in the study area being an added advantage
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one–year contract with a probation period for the first 3 months and salary is as per the stated grade.
Applications MUST include the following:
1. A cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications (Indicate Vacancy Number)
2. Current Resume’ or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e–mail address
3. Copies of certificates and testimonials
4. Three letters of reference with contact information (phone and email)
If you are interested and meet the outlined criteria, please apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, PO Box 1578–40100, Kisumu not later than January 10, 2022. Submit your application including documents via Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short–listed candidates will be contacted