Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Opening date: January 10, 2021 Vacancy: CGHR/234/11/21
The Kenyan Medical Research Institute, Center for Global Health Research (KEMRI–CGHR), has been selected to participate in a seven country multi–center study that will quantify the burden of Shigella diarrhea among infants and young children in Sub–Saharan Africa and Asia to inform future Shigella vaccine trials. KEMRI–CGHR working in collaboration with the Center for Vaccine Development (CVD) at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Global Center for Integrated Health of Women, Adolescents, and Children at the University of Washington and funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, will participate in the Enterics for Global Health (EFGH)–Shigella study. The EFGH–Shigella project represents an extension of the Global Enteric Multicenter Study (GEMS) and the Vaccine Impact Assessment on Diarrhea in Africa (VIDA). The project is seeking to recruit for the following vacant position(s):
Position: Health Facility Recorder, KMR 10( 7 position)
Location: Siaya County
Reports to: Field Technologist
The Health Facility Recorders will report to the Field Technologist and will be responsible for identifying patients with shigella at health facilities in Siaya County. S/he will maintain log books, complete forms, and facilitate collection of health facility data, as related to malaria hospitalization and mortality.
- O–level Secondary education with a minimum grade of D+ (plus)
- Must be willing to reside within the study area
- Fluency in English, Dholuo and Swahili, written and spoken, with fluency in the local language spoken in the study area will be an added advantage
- At least one year research work experience
- Familiarity with and in possession of a valid certificate of Good Clinical Practices
- Experience in taking anthropometric measurement
Skills, knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the community and health facility staffs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a team player
- Able to operate and use tablets for data collection or be willing and ready to learn and use handheld electronic devices.
- Able to devote additional time for the study including working over national and public holidays, weekends etc
- Be courteous, respectful, proactive, conscientious, punctual, honest and hardworking
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Collect accurate, complete surveillance data in the study hospital using the laptops/tablets
- Collect rectal swabs and whole stool samples as per study protocol
- Compile weekly/monthly study progress reports
- Perform and record accurate anthropometric measurements
- Record information using a study form on a digital platform.
- Resolve all the discrepancies in data and go back to the field to clarify
- Ensure maintenance of study supplies at hospital
- Attend all study meetings on time and report on progress of work
- Complete any other duties assigned or delegated by the supervisor
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one–year contract with a probation period for the first 3 months and salary is as per the stated grade.
Applications MUST include the following:
1. A cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications (Indicate Vacancy Number)
2. Current Resume’ or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e–mail address
3. Copies of certificates and testimonials
4. Three letters of reference with contact information (phone and email)
If you are interested and meet the outlined criteria, please apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, PO Box 1578–40100, Kisumu not later than January 30, 2022. Submit your application including documents via Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short–listed candidates will be contacted