Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overview of the Program
Centre for the Study of Adolescents, CSA, is sub–awarded by World Vision Kenya (WVK)– USAID Tumikia Mtoto Project to implement specific and appropriate Evidence informed Behavioral Interventions targeting adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) aged 9–24 years in Embakasi North and South, Kasarani, Kamukunji, Westlands, Makadara in Nairobi and Thika and Ruiru Sub counties in Kiambu.
This is a 5 years OVC (Orphans and Vulnerable Children) and DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS–Free, Mentored and Safe) Program that aims to increase use of Quality County–led Health and Social Services. The DREAMS initiative is aimed at reducing new HIV infections among 9–24 years old AGYW through the provision of a tailored, comprehensive and evidence–informed service package for AGYW, their male sexual partners; families; and communities. The initiative acknowledges that keeping adolescent girls and young women HIV free also positively impacts their overall health, education, development, and wellbeing. The DREAMS strategy underscores the provision of adolescent friendly services and AGYW empowerment in all spheres of life.
Ward Coordinators (3 position Nairobi)
Duty Station: Nairobi County (Airbase, Pumwani and California wards)
Duration: 1 year, renewable contract
Reporting to the program Officer based in Nairobi the Ward Coordinators will be responsible for the day–to–day implementation of the DREAMS Tumikia Mtoto initiative in the program wards in either Nairobi or Kiambu County. The Ward Coordinator will work closely with other DREAMS teams and in liaison with Government Line Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Devolution and Planning, and the Ministry of Interior and coordination of national government.
The officer will establish sustainable partnerships and community linkages to enhance positive behavior change and increased access to healthcare services.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
▪ Diploma in social or health sciences from a recognized Institution. An under graduate degree will be an added advantage.
▪ A good command of English and Kiswahili (written and spoken)
▪ Strong documentation/report writing and communications skills.
▪ Good community engagement skills and ability to organize/conduct Community/county meetings with gatekeepers on health and livelihood related issues
▪ Training and program management skills
▪ Advocacy skills/experience in USAID –funded program
▪ Good interpersonal skills
▪ Ability to communicate efficiently with young people using all relevant approaches including social networking
▪ Computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point).
Written applications including Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae indicating position and the county/ward applied for with day-time contact phone number(s) of three references
The application should reach the Administrative Manager by not later than 25th, Jan 2021 on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Administrative Manager
Center for the Study of Adolescence
Mbaazi Avenue, Off Kingara Road, Lavington
P.O. Box 19329-00202, Nairobi; E-mail: email@example.com
No hard copy document will be accepted.