Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Area Programme Manager-Kenya
Are you a dynamic leader with a passion for empowering smallholder farmers to enhance their resilience through climate smart agricultural practices? Do you have experience working with a wide range of partners, including private sector, to leverage opportunities for youth job creation? Are you creative and proactive, with a proven ability to effectively lead and support teams to deliver results?
DanChurchAid (DCA) is recruiting an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Area Programme Manager (APM). The position is based in Nakuru, with frequent field travel within Nakuru, Nyandarua, West Pokot and Elgeyo Marakwet Counties, and reports to the Head of Programme.
The key responsibilities of the APM are:
- Responsible for overall implementation of all Area Office projects, with specific focus on quality of implementation and efficient utilization of resources.
- Lead projects teams in the Area office in regular reviews of project implementation status with greater focus on work plans, spending plans and budget vs. actual reviews.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, support and guidance to staff in the area office and partners where relevant.
- Ensure systems of support and supervision are in place to create and maintain a healthy working environment that fosters employee engagement and inspired team performance.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with government officials, media, community representatives, private sector actors, the NGO community in general and DCA partners in particular, in the defined geographical area.
- In coordination with the country office safety & security focal points, ensure that security management and preparedness plans are in place and regularly updated and adhered to at the Area office level.
- Promote a learning culture, support the development of new and innovative projects and contribute to country level strategy development.
- Master’s degree in a relevant Humanitarian/Development field or Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience.
- Minimum five years of work experience in a similar or closely related role – including responsibility for operations (logistics, procurement, finance, admin and HR) and overseeing programme implementation
- Familiarity with at least one of DCA’s core project areas of focus (youth employment, green growth, agricultural value chains, climate smart agriculture, financial inclusion, private sector engagement)
- Demonstrated experience in developing partnerships and working with private sector, NGOs, financial institutions, and government authorities in sub-sectors relevant to DCA’s work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
The deadline for applications is: 26th January 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: long-term (3 year) contracts and a competitive salary and benefits package in accordance with experience and the DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.