Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Department: Strategy, Research and Resource Mobilization
Spearhead and/or coordinate Development and review of ELDOWAS strategic plans, objectives, strategies, policies and budgets, Research and Resource mobilizations under the broad guidance of the Managing Director and in consultation with General Managers of other departments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
I Managerial Roles and Responsibilities
- Keeping apprised of County Integrated Development Plans, National development plans, Africa and global policy developments, sustainable development goals (SDGs) and aligning ELDOWAS programmes and projects to them.
- Spearhead and/or coordinate Development and review of ELDOWAS strategic plans, objectives, strategies, policies and budgets.
- Coordination and preparation of annual Corporate and Departmental performance
- Spearheading the formulation, review and interpretation of planning, monitoring and evaluation policies.
- Coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of the ELDOWAS Strategic Plan and PCs.
- Develop, implement, coordinate and review the ELDOWAS resource mobilization strategies, develop funding proposals, government and donor management to attract human and financial resources for expansion of water and sanitation coverage
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on progress in the implementation of projects and programmes.
- Preparation of ELDOWAS Annual Performance Reports within 6 months after the expiry of financial year.
- Stakeholder engagement, management and coordination towards achievement of ELDOWAS mandate.
- Develop and implement ELDOWAS Research strategy and policies and provide strategic direction for research related innovation of ELDOWAS.
- Ensure that research and innovation is embedded in all areas of operations in ELDOWAS, and ensure that research is effectively used to support the business objectives of the Company.
- Carrying out service delivery surveys in line with the service charter
- Develop a risk management policy and framework for ELDOWAS, implement the risk management policy and strategies, ensure that risk registers are operational at all department levels and advising on risk mitigation strategies.
II Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation of annual budgets, work plans and cash flow plans for the department and coordinating development, implementation and review of corporate plans;
- Review, scrutinize, and develop operational process flows;
- Identify training needs for the departmental staff;
- Mentor and coach departmental staff;
- Identify procurement needs of the department;
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation;
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions for the department;
- Maintain sustainable and productive relationships institutional internal and external stakeholders;
- Create public awareness on the company’s products and services;
- Carrying out customer surveys and proposing improvements arising from feedback received;
- Plans the work of subordinates, assigns work to subordinates, and monitors subordinates work performance. Appraises/evaluates subordinates’ performance.
- prepare departmental and corporate performance measurement frameworks including automating them.
- Create strong Company to Government (C2G), Company to Private Sector (C2P), Company to Development Partners (C2D) partnerships and engagements.
- Chairing the Company Projects Implementation Committee to ensure and assure timeliness, effectiveness, efficiency and value for money.
- Create Company statistical database and resource center of
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Strategic Management/Statistics and development Studies or equivalent Qualification.
- Master’s degree Economics/Strategic Management/Statistics and development Studies or equivalent Qualification.
- Senior Management and Strategic Leadership Development Programme training
- At least 12 years working Experience 5 of which is in Senior
- Professional qualifications as well as membership to professional bodies would be an added advantage.
- Self-driven, initiative and motivated with ability to meet
- Customer oriented and have demonstrated good leadership
- Good communication skills and must be computer literate
- Establishing and maintain good corporate systems
- Robust analytical and writing skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships;
- Should have good knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector;
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader;
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- Should have strong analytical skills and be result oriented;
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines;
- Should have problem solving and decision making abilities;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department;
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills;
How to Apply
Candidates Interested in these positions are expected to meet the qualification and experience requirements detailed in the full advertisement in our website www.eldowas.or.ke, fill the job application questionnaire and only submit to email@example.com attaching up to date Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) tax compliance, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance certificates on or before 21st January, 2022 at 5.00 p.m. No other attachments are required. ELDOWAS is an equal opportunity employer committed to implementing affirmative action therefore women, persons with disability minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Due to Covid-19 protocols, we shall only be accepting applications through the above email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “No payment is required for any step during the recruitment process. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification”.
Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company Ltd
P.O. Box 8418, 30100, Eldoret, Kenya