Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Cook/Cleaner – AB02000
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline for applications: Friday, 19, January 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
MSF Eastern Africa
MSF Eastern Africa (MSF EA) is the regional institutional office for MSF in East Africa. The office focuses on representation and networking, including with humanitarian organisations and authorities, recruiting and supporting staff from the region, communications and fundraising, as well as on other dossiers of importance to MSF such as Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI), mutualization, trainings, medical operational support and environmental health.
Reporting to the HRCo Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing meals for MSF staff, according to hygiene standards and security rules, in order to ensure their nutritional needs; and execute, according to hygienic standards, housekeeping, cleaning and tiding up activities in order to ensure public and staff private areas are in good condition.
Specific accountabilities include but are not limited to
- Ensure the availability of staff before meal preparations ie. daily counts of staff who will be partaking the lunch to avoid wastage
- Responsible for timely preparation and availability of office tea and coffee
- Responsible for keeping stock of cutleries and utensils in all locations
- Responsible for proper keeping of records of staff participating in meals and reconciliation at the end of the month
- Ensure there is adequate supply of drinking water in the offices
- Responsible for overall general cleanliness of the offices and warehouses.
- Ensure the availabilty of cleaning materials and supplies at all time.
- Ensure all sanitary supplies are well stocked in the washrooms.
- Responsible for maintaining a hygienic environment at all time (wash used dishes, cups, clear floor of all food particles etc)
- Responsible for sanitizing all the common areas, surfaces and equipments used by staff
Education: Desired – Certificate in Catering or its equivalent
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience in similar capacity
Languages: Fluent in English and Kiswahili essential
Competencies: Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please send your CV indicating three referees and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating on the subject line the ‘COOK/CLEANER – AB02000’
The deadline for this application is Friday, 19, January 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
MSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge for any application, recruitment or training/application fees