Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
We are seeking to hire a Senior Strategy Associate to join the Strategic Projects team. Fresh Life’s network has grown rapidly, and we now serve over 120,000 people in Nairobi with plans to scale to 750,000 people in Nairobi and 500,000 people in new geographies by 2025. Through our product and service offerings, we are currently able to provide safe sanitation at 25% of the annualized cost to provide safe sanitation using sewers. We now aim to bring the cost/person/year to $0, through a combination of gained cost efficiencies and the identification of new revenue streams.
The Strategic Projects team is Fresh Life’s internal strategy and consulting function, responsible for:
- Optimizing the business model for existing products and services
- Expanding the business model to new geographies both within Kenya and internationally
- Developing strategic partnerships that aid in #1 and #2 as well as help Fresh Life to explore adjacent products and services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Head of the Strategic Projects team and in close coordination with the senior leadership team to take on complex and critical cross-cutting strategy projects
- Identify new revenue generating initiatives and evaluate potential based on profitability, feasibility, and opportunity for scale
- Pilot and operationalize opportunities to optimize revenue streams through existing channels and/or new channels and through partnerships
- Drive improvements in customer experience by combining quantitative data with a deep understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions developed through targeted interviews, usability studies, and customer feedback
- Support development of framework and analysis to determine market expansion priorities, identify engagement strategies, and develop plans for partnership building and implementation
- In close collaboration with Sales, Customer Support, Credit, Logistics, New Products & Services, and Finance, design and implement tests that generate the necessary data to make strategic decisions about Fresh Life’s organizational growth
- Bachelor’s degree, with 3+ years of relevant work experience in industries requiring a high level of quantitative and analytical skills
- Exceptional analytical (qualitative and quantitative), structured problem solving, and communication skills
- Prior experience working with large data sets and excel-based analytical modeling
- Prior experience in planning and executing qualitative research (e.g., crafuser research)
- Ability to independently operate with high levels of ambiguity, with a passion for getting things done and improving processes
- Ability to autonomously lead projects by multitasking, setting and executing on priorities, and coordinating with senior internal and external stakeholders
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word and Google Suites
What to expect
You’ll work in a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment and play an intricate role in shaping aspects of Fresh Life’s strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to frequently lead work streams and present results to our senior leadership team, interact with our customers, and figure out how to turn insights into meaningful operational impact. The expectation is that you will rapidly grow in the role, taking on new challenges and responsibilities as you go.
15th February 2022
Click here to Apply
Do you have a question about how to apply for a job at Sanergy or our recruitment process? Explore our frequently asked questions here to find out
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.