Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DSW Kenya is a non-governmental organization registered in Kenya as one of the East African country offices of Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW), a global development organization founded and headquartered in Germany.
DSW Kenya focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history.
We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies for youth, and to securing their right for a brighter future. We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which make sure that youth are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives.
Established in May 2000, DSW Kenya has its headquarters in Nairobi with additional offices in Mombasa and Kitale and active programme interventions in 14 counties: Bungoma, Migori, Kilifi, Kwale, Laikipia, Meru, Mombasa, Nairobi, Nakuru, Nandi, Nyandarua, Trans Nzoia, Uasin Gishu, and West Pokot.
In order to address young adolescents’ SRHR needs and situation, DSW is implementing the “Holistic Action Project for young Adolescents (HAPA) aiming to increase SRHR knowledge, skills and access to services among young adolescents in primary schools in Kilifi and West Pokot Counties. The project is co-funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
DSW seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator who will lead the implementation of Holistic Action Project for Young Adolescents (HAPA) for a period of 6 months.
Based in: West Pokot County
Reporting to: National Department Manager, Projects & Programmes
Overall Goal: The Programme Coordinator (maternity cover) leads the successful implementation and coordination of the Holistic Action project for Young Adolescents (HAPA) project.
Supporting the HAPA project team, S/he is responsible for overall project coordination to ensure the realization of project objectives, team supervision and project reporting.
· Coordinate overall project implementation for HAPA project and staff supervision in liaison with the National Department Manager, Programmes and Projects.
· Communicate continuously and work closely with HAPA project manager at DSW head office in Germany.
· Responsible for overall project budget management, and leadership in preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts in accordance with the project budget.
· Lead and coordinate monthly project team meetings and quarterly Technical Accountability Committee (TAC) meetings.
· Contribute to impact-oriented and continuous monitoring of project performance in line with monitoring systems and tools including Webmo.
· Participate in key stakeholder forums (Technical Working Groups, Court Users Committee, child protection network meetings) etc.
· Convene quarterly HAPA and SGBV stakeholders’ actors meeting.
· Participate in key county level project activities.
· Undertake regular visits to project areas to backstop challenges and ensure project implementation is on course.
· Lead the preparation of monthly & quarterly quality and timely project reports in accordance with the project documents.
· In collaboration with the Programme Coordinators, engage and strengthen strategic existing networks and linkages with key actors including decision makers, existing advocacy networks within the project areas and link these efforts with County level actions.
· Jointly with NTC advocacy, ensure evidence generated from the project counties; informs national level advocacy engagements between nonstate actors and decision makers and participate in national level consultations around relevant policies and strategies.
· Lead the generation and documentation of gender disaggregated data and gender sensitive good practises for lesson learned and knowledge sharing.
· Support the resource mobilisation efforts to ensure continued resourcing of DSW Programmes.
· Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field.
· Master’s degree, Relevant training in Project Management, participatory methodologies, gender mainstreaming and related fields an added advantage.
· Must have prior working experience of not less than 5 years in an NGO setting.
· Good understanding of gender programming, Reproductive health and young adolescents programming.
· Good understanding of advocacy work.
· Good networking and capacity building skills, good oral and written communication skills
· Proficiency in Micro Soft Office.
· Hands on project management experience and reporting for international donors.
· Team management abilities
· Ability to work independently and also within a team.
· Ability to work with and understand the youth while maintaining professionalism is also key.
· High level of personal integrity.
How to apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference ”project coordinator (maternity cover)” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: January 24th, 2022 COB
Ideal start date: 1st February 2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process. Applicant must be willing to relocate to the project area.