Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Assistant Manager – Customs & Border Control
Department: Internal Audit
Section / Unit: Customs & Border Control
Location / Work station: Times Towers, Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi or Other Regional Office
The job holder is responsible for review of the Internal control system, Governance and Risk management processes and oversees audit staff during audits.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coordinate documentation of audit findings to ensure they are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstance and risk with requisite recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure field assignments are conducted on a timely basis.
- Supervise auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables.
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Participate in identification of key business risks, evaluate and test controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in preparation of Unit Annual Audit Work Plans (AAWPs).
- Develop audit programmes for assurance/consulting engagements.
- Perform audits in conformance to audit procedures, methodology, general accepted auditing standards and comply with policies, procedures and professional best practices.
- Document workings on audit tests carried out in Audit Management System (Teammate).
- Ensure other team members have captured their audit workings in Audit Management System (Teammate) and review notes have been addressed adequately.
- Prepare draft audit reports.
- Provide advisory/consultancy support across the Authority.
- Development of unit budget
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Makes decisions using standard operating procedures.
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
- Works predominantly within the office
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Mathematics, Information Technology.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- CIA or CISA, CPA or ACCA, Membership of ICPAK, ISACA or IIA
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 2 years of work experience.
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organisational skills
- Computer proficient
- High level of integrity
- Ability to understand business processes and good awareness of functional relationships of Departments within the Authority.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
- Understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
- Supervisory skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 25th January 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)