Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Area Finance & Administration Assistant
Location: Kisumu Development Area
Reporting: Field Coordinator
Salary Grade: Assistant II, Level 4
Reporting to the Field Coordinator, the Area Finance & Admin Assistant (AFAA) shall maintain efficient financial and administrative systems and procedures as well as control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations of Kisumu Program Area in compliance with ChildFund policies and procedures. The incumbent manages the day-to-day financial and administrative resources of the office; conducts regular checks of the internal controls, support end month accounts closure processes, proposes the administrative budgets of the office, ensuring that disbursements are in accordance with the administrative budget and ChildFund financial Policies and Procedures.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy. This will be imperative at times when children and youth participate in any advocacy activities.
- Manage the day-to-day financial and administrative resources of the office.
- Settle amounts due or recover outstanding receivables for the program.
- Ensure that expenses are properly coded as per prescribed costing structure.
- Ensure statutory deductions are paid on time including filling of the required statutory returns.
- Monitor the program budget and ensure expenditures incurred are within budget
- Prepare monthly financial reports and share with management
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in finance related areas.
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative and financial arrangements and make appropriate recommendations as required.
- Handle any other organization’s duty as may be directed by the Supervisor.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce majoring in Finance or Accounting.
- Knowledge in QuickBooks accounting package will be an added advantage
- Possession of relevant professional certifications.
- At least four years professional experience in accountancy and administration in an NGO handling donor funded projects.
- At least four years of experience in a supervisory role managing finance and administration
- Working knowledge of Kenya Labour Laws.
- Knowledge in HR and Procurement processes.
- Good organization and time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Must have very good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a person of very high integrity.
- Experience developing and/or maintaining budget tracking tools.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices.
Applications Close Date
Jan 21, 2022
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.