Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Grants Acquisition and Management Manager
Div/Dept: Resource Mobilization
Location: Kenya Country Office
Reporting Relationship: Country Director- Kenya
The Grants Acquisition and Management Manager will support ChildFund Kenya overall grant acquisition and management in in the Country Office. S/He will lead the development and realization of the resource mobilization strategy in country to support the implementation of Kenya Country Office (COs) strategic plan. S/He will manage all aspects of the business development efforts including proposal development, prospecting potential donors, ensure donor compliance and support the CO in managing relationships. He/she will serve as a CO resource for the conceptualization, development, technical quality of implemented programs. The Grants Acquisition and Management Manager will work in close coordination and collaboration with Country Director Kenya and ChildFund’ s Global Business Development Team.
This position reports to the Country Director and heads the Grant Acquisition and Management Unit and supervises 3 direct reports.
Resource Mobilization Strategy
- Ensure that all CO grant Business Development activity aligns with ChildFund’s Business Development Policy, Procedures and Practices.
- Development and implementation of the country resource mobilization strategy; actively participate in the preparation of the CO plans and budgets to ensure conformity with the country strategic plan and organizational grant acquisition strategy.
- Coordinate and lead market study, donor mapping and CO capture plan to ensure strong fundraising pipeline. In collaboration with the SMT, the post holder will ensure robust analysis of the funding pipeline and proactively support actions to strengthen it.
- Working in close coordination with the CO’s technical team and the Global Business Development Team, ensure that the CO pre-positions itself successfully on relevant grant funding opportunities.
- Identify and analyze funding opportunities originating in country and scope potential partnerships to complement and strengthen the CO’s program portfolio.
- Gather relevant and timely intelligence information necessary for grant acquisition; identify grant opportunities and relevant institutional guidance materials to share with relevant departments.
- Build staff and partner organization capabilities for successful grant acquisition and management.
- Lead the use of organizational system and tools (including Salesforce) to support the execution of the resource mobilization strategy.
Strategic partnerships, Networking and Relationship Building
- Maintain proactive, coordinated and strategic engagement with potential donors.
- Identify key stakeholders and networks relevant to priority pipeline opportunities for effective prepositioning and support the CO to engage in strategic partnerships with civil society, INGOs, UN and government entities as appropriate, to maximize the use of our resources for the implementation of quality programs.
- Ensure business development documentation and material are up to date and ready for sharing with potential donors.
- Develop a donor engagement strategy for key identified donors and stakeholders relevant to priority bids.
- Effectively communicate the organization’s strategies, cultivating and managing donor/partner relationships, and providing opportunities for cooperation, networking, alliance building, learning and knowledge management across ChildFund’ s work.
- Participant and represent ChildFund in donor forums and resource mobilisation networks and meetings.
- Lead the Country Office Grant Management efforts.
- Responsible for the CO institutional Grants Management capacity development
- Coordinate the drafting and submission of programmatic and financial reports in collaboration with the relevant Program and Finance staff; ensure best practice is communicated, followed, and shared in all aspects of grants management.
- Coordinate with all relevant departments to ensure the integration of Local Partners’ participation and accountability in effective and efficient grant project management;
- Ensure the LPs (Local Partners) Grants Management capacity through providing technical and capacity building support.
- Support management in maintaining efficient donor relationships; provide appropriate and timely feedback to ensure management is fully informed of grant project progress and success with all new and existing donors.
- Responsible for ensuring project implementation meets institutional donor requirements and in accordance with ChildFund, donor, country, and international standards; establish and maintain appropriate systems and procedures to ensure compliance with donor agreements and contracts.
- Monitor implementation of grant projects in collaboration with Finance and Program departments to ensure budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations and within the appropriate timeframe and advice management on required changes or actions.
- Manage the preparation and submission of timely and quality donors reports within guidelines, deadlines, contracts and other donor requirements.
- Ensure business processes are in place to ensure quality proposal development in compliance with donor requirements and ChildFund’s Business Development Policy, Procedures and Practices. Lead the proposal development team, conduct desk reviews to inform proposal strategy, Go/No-go decisions, problem analysis, partnering and staffing decisions.
- Dedicate 60% of time on proposal development and grant writing, consolidating content from the technical team and providing guidance and support to the technical teams in this process to ensure successful grant applications.
- Support in the final review and editing of proposals and packaging them in the required donor templates and formats.
- In coordination with technical teams, develop evidence based ChildFund capability and experience (capacity statements, past performance references, reports and evaluations etc).
- Ensure adequate staffing and cost recovery is included in grant budgets and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure the right resources are available to deliver quality programs.
- Ensure the proper use of Internal system (Salesforce) to record funding opportunities from cultivation to award.
Knowledge Management, Learning and Sharing
- Develop and/or ensure that the teams develop learning and knowledge products that meet standards and enable organization-wide learning and sharing by documenting approaches, project and program designs and lessons, case studies and other knowledge products. Seek and leverage existing knowledge products in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness in grant acquisition.
- Develop and maintain knowledge management system for tracking opportunities from capture to award including maintaining a repository of proposal development templates, pre-award tools, program concepts, capacity statements, proposal templates, pricing tables, etc.
- Lead the management of the knowledge database to ensure information is shared among technical team, field program and other concerned staff, to capture new opportunities and track ongoing grants.
- Support global business development efforts as may be required.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills, which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with Child fund’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- At least 10 years’ experience in business development and/or grant acquisition and management, preferably in an international development organization.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and donor’s expectation management.
- Familiarity with business environment with proven knowledge of commercial co-venture laws, IRS sponsorship regulations, and related business income tax issues, and other applicable legal and accounting rules.
- Proven ability to manage teams and work in a demanding environment.
- Excellent presentation, strategic communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- Organized, detail-oriented, team player, self-starter and results-oriented individual.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and fluency in both written and spoken English language.
Master’s degree in public relations/business development or other relevant area. Experience in fundraising, grants management, investor relations, marketing or closely related discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience would be considered.
The Grants Acquisition and Management Manager can draw on the support of Kenya Country and global team members in the execution of his/her responsibilities. The primary global team members for this position will be: Business Development Specialist, Grants Compliance Specialist, Multi-grant accountant, Program and Sponsorship Director, Program Quality Manager, Partnership Portfolio Manager, Sponsorship Manager, M&E KML Manager, Child Protection and Advocacy Manager, Food Security and livelihoods Specialist, Health Specialist and the DRR specialist.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Applications Close Date
Feb 01, 2022
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.