Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ADVERT NO. NG-CDFB/030/2022: MEDIA RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER –
NG-CDF SCALE 6 (1 post)
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences with bias in languages, Journalism or Public Relations;
- Member of Public Relations Society of Kenya ( PRSK)
- Customer relations skills;
- Excellent Communication skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications skills; and
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Media Relations and Communication Officer will report to the Manager, Corporate Communications and will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing press releases, media briefs and NG-CDF Board features;
- Supporting the implementation of key messages defined in communications strategy across all functions and media including development of all organizational documentation;
- Organising media familiarisation tours in the organisation;
- Writing and editing in-house journals, newsletters, corporate and other related publications to enhance communication;
- Managing public relations activities;
- Overseeing the NG-CDF Board graphic design work, which includes coordination with external vendors, suppliers, printers and agencies to make sure optimal efficiency and effectiveness is achieved;
- Disseminate all Board information using available and relevant media;
- Liaise with the media by constantly monitoring & analysing the various platforms i.e. Social Media, Radio, Television and Newspapers on the organizations mentions and then reporting to the head of the division;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports;
- Develop content for production of communication material e.g. Newsletters, publications;
- Organize staff and public functions;
- Maintain on behalf of the manager, communications the media action plan(s) for crisis and ensure systems are up to date and in place to handle crisis situations;
- Coordinate photography and filming of NG-CDF Board’s activities;
- Handle day to day enquiries from the media by responding appropriately, including, when appropriate, out of hours’ coverage;
- Place Board’s articles, advertisement or announcement in the electronic or print media;
- Manage the Boards website; and participate in awareness creation through public barazas, shows and exhibitions; and
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are required to make their applications online through the job application portal on the Board’s website: www.ngcdf.go.ke or /and hard copies to be dropped in a designated Box, at the Board’s Headquarters, Harambee Cooperative Plaza 5th Floor, during working hours (8 am to 5 pm). Applications may also be sent through post office as per the address provided below so as to reach the Board on or before February 08, 2022. For the hard copy applications, the reference No. for the position applied for should be properly indicated on top of the envelope.
Candidates must submit the following documents alongside application
- Police Clearance (Certificate of good conduct);
- Duly executed self-declaration form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau.
- Applicants for the position of Field Operations Officer/Fund Account Manager MUST indicate and show prove of their home constituency.
- Applications containing false information shall be disqualified.
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert shall not be considered.
- Applicants should indicate daytime telephone number, postal address, current salary, names and contact address of 3 referees.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Board is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of all gender, minority and marginalized communities, youth and persons living with disabilities to apply.
- Both hard and soft copies of applications should reach the Board on or before Tuesday February 08, 2022 latest at 5.00 pm.
Applications with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates and all other requirements should be addressed to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
National Government Constituencies Development Fund Board
Harambee Cooperative Plaza, 5th Floor (Junction of Haile Selassie Avenue & Uhuru Highway)
P.O. Box 46682-00100