Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Company
AEC is now a 200-person organization with 13 offices across East Africa (Rwanda, Kenya, and Ethiopia), and all of our diverse staff are connected to a shared set of values and beliefs. Most importantly: that all problems on the Continent already have solutions on the Continent. If you believe that, too, join us.
All staff embody the company’s culture. In addition to the skills above, all candidates must demonstrate our core values:
Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback
Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others. Be compassionate and inclusive.
Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoja/ Abren Nen/Waalin Jirra/ We are Together: We appreciate our colleagues, celebrate success, and support each other in hard times.
About the Opportunity
The Copywriter will contribute to raising the visibility of the companies within our existing and prospective stakeholders across all our locations.
Reporting to the Director of Communications & Storytelling, the Copywriter responsibilities include:
• Writing clear and concise content for different platforms that reflects the company’s voice/tone
• Meeting with our clients to understand their message, brand voice and target audience
• Proposing copy concepts in an engaging way for the company’s staff and clients
• Interpreting creative direction and technical information and turning them into persuasive copy concepts
• Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
• Verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics
• Check text for style, readability, and adherence to the company’s editorial policies/style guide
• Review external-focused texts to improve clarity and readability
• Collaborating with external PR and marketing providers to brainstorm and develop a variety of PR & marketing materials
• Working with company’s departments and clients to edit and modify copy to meet their content expectations.
The Copywriter will be passionate about how business can be a force for social change, and will be able to translate that passion effectively and efficiently into compelling messages along the AEC brand:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communication, journalism, or related field
• Experience producing copy and editing for print and digital media channels
• Proven success in producing copy for advertising or marketing campaigns
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Exceptional skills in social media writing, including use of hashtags during campaigns
• Experience with SEO concepts and social media marketing
• Creativity, adaptability and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
What You’ll Get
The fun, collaborative work environment
Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Rwanda
Competitive benefit package – health insurance, staff savings program, parental leave, sabbatical program, and more
How To Apply