Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Company
AEC Kenya supports entrepreneurs to grow their business to improve livelihoods and to create thriving communities.
Founded in 2018, as the Kenya affiliate of the African Entrepreneur Collective, AEC Kenya has now worked with more than 5,000 entrepreneurs, providing a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa.
AEC Kenya is a 50+ person company with 5 offices across Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kakuma, Garissa, Dadaab). All of our services ensure that businesses in Kenya can thrive and contribute to the growth of Kenya’s economy. In the past few years, we’ve had high-profile partnerships with Kenya Chamber of Commerce and Industry, UNHCR, RAS, International Finance Corporation, Mastercard Foundation, and more. AEC Kenya disbursed $2M USD to businesses across Kenya to support COVID-19 economic recovery, all while taking our content digital. In 2022, we are launching a new strategic plan to reach beyond what we have previously thought possible.
All staff embody the company’s culture. In addition to the skills above, all candidates must demonstrate our core values:
- Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
- Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
- Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback
- Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others. Be compassionate and inclusive.
- Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoja/ Abren Nen/Waalin Jirra/ We are Together: We appreciate our colleagues, celebrate success, and support each other in hard times.
About the Opportunity
AEC Kenya seeks a highly talented, organized Senior Trainer who will manage and train a team of Business Development Advisors and Training Support Associates in the pilot refugee livelihood program in the Daadab refugee complex and Garissa township, replicating the success of Inkomoko in Rwanda and Kakuma and Kalobeyei refugee camps in Kenya.
The Senior Trainer will join our team with core responsibilities as follows:
Management (40% time)
- Coordinate with the business consulting team in Daadab, Ifo, Dagahaley, and Hagadera refugee camps, setting their work plans, contributing to their quarterly performance reviews, and maintaining weekly staff check-ins.
- Be aware at all times of key goals and develop daily strategies to achieve those goals in alignment with AEC Kenya budget and culture
- Work with Training manager to plan and manage the budget, staffing, and other resource needs to deliver program outcomes
- Interpret, apply, and ensure departmental compliance with applicable donors and local policy laws and regulations.
- Lead local staff meetings and other organizational activities to share information with the team
- Ensure all staff under your supervision are compliant with organizational HR policies, and implement disciplinary actions when they are not
- Liaise with Training manager to ensure smooth operations and keep up-to-date training content across programs in Kenya (i.e. Managing Director, Loan Department, Finance Department, etc.)
- Be a good ambassador in ensuring the organizational culture is understood and followed through by all staffs under your supervision
- Represent the company in a highly professional manner in stakeholders’ and government meetings and events in the absence of the Regional Director and Training manager.
- Elevate important trends, risks, and other notable activities to management.
Training Implementation (50% Time)
- Develop new and review existing content to match client needs and refugee business
dynamics in Kenya, Rwanda and Ethiopia.
- Manage training in all locations for all incoming clients in Garissa and Dadaab refugee complex
- Implement training of trainers as part of the ongoing classes schedule for BDAs
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods in several locations
- Conduct the training and also shadow all the BDAs during training in all the locations
- Recommend clients that need extra/specific attention to the relevant Business Development Advisors of the location
- Coordinate with BDAs/TSA efforts about the training to clients and partners to ensure full participation
- Draft training reports from assigned locations and update the online report
Operations & Administration (10% Time)
- Record billable hours and activities in organizational tracking systems (Odoo, etc.)
- Maintain an updated training schedule on the calendar and the website
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning department to ensure training are assessed for impact and value to entrepreneurs
- Coordinate and manage the Training Support Associate and other training staff or instructors for smooth logistics
- Attend all Company-wide meetings and maintain organizational values in all situations
- Provide participant or financial reports to funders and partners as needed.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant fields and serving entrepreneurs
- Education requirement: University degree, Project Management, and other relevant academic qualification)
- Experience business training, facilitation, content development, business consulting, business planning, and providing business advice
- Strong financial and accounting skills; familiarity with business financial policies
- Flexible and able to deliver results under pressure
- Experience working and managing teams remotely
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel, Word, project management tools(ie: Trello, etc.)
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Outgoing and Social
- Honest and professional
- Must be based in the camp
- Excellent communicator to audiences in Swahili and English. Somali would be a plus
- Access to a smartphone 24/7
- Candidate should not be employed by any other organization with Camp activities currently
What You’ll Get
- The fun, collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Rwanda
- Competitive benefit package – health insurance, staff savings program, parental leave, sabbatical program, and more
How To Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY