Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
- Enhance a positive atmosphere and corporate image by providing outstanding customer services to patients, clients, the public and AKU staff and ensure inquiries to the department are addressed promptly.
- Verify patient data and ensure correct billing.
- Advise payers on the acceptable mode of settlement of patient’s bills.
- Facilitate receipting of bill settlements.
- Process and receipt payments.
- Maintain a manual invoice and receipt process.
- Maintain fee for service books and tally sheet in combination with posting fees to the system.
- Post charges that are included in the patient bill.
- Prepare local purchase orders for outside procedures ordered by physicians.
- Update folio on all cases to ensure proper capture of financial information and support documents.
- Organize and facilitate patient transfers out of AKUH.
- Maintain all round knowledge of cases in the unit.
- Maintain a close working relationship with corporate care managers to ensure smooth management of bills.
- Collect relevant data for logging and collaborating with the client’s relations office and take immediate corrective actions.
- Facilitate quick closure of complaints through prompt response and resolution.
- Vet, secure and file documents per departmental guidelines.
- Pre-register and book patients requiring admissions.
- A minimum of a Diploma in Business Administration/Credit Management, Public Relations and Front Office Service or equivalent; and CPA Part II.
- A minimum of 6 months’ experience in a busy Credit Control environment preferably in a hospital setting.
- Experience in Financial Counseling is desirable.
- The candidate should be a proficient in working with computers, handling, counting and recording cash and cash transactions.
- S/he should be culture-sensitive individual with excellent customer service and problem solving skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
- S/he should have the ability to work in a team and work under pressure.
How To Apply