Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR), (www.iirr.org) is a United States-based 501(c)(3) not-for profit international non-governmental organization founded in the US in 1960 and headquartered in Silang in the Philippines. Our mission is to empower rural people to build resilient communities and attain socio-economic equity through creative and community-led action.
We have strong anti-poverty programs in eight (8) countries in Eastern and Southern Africa (Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan and Zimbabwe) and Southeast Asia (Philippines, Cambodia and Myanmar). In these countries and regions, we work in collaboration with more than 125 local development partners, and all our 140 staff members are nationals of these countries.
IIRR office was opened in Nairobi, Kenya in 1994. Our work is anchored on 5 broad thematic areas (strategy 2025): Food systems, Environment, Education, Economic Empowerment and Health. IIRR in Kenya implements a range of activities including:
· Value Chains and Enterprise Development
· Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation
· Education for Pastoralists and other Marginalized Communities
· Ending Violence Against Women and Girls
With increasing demand to profile our work and the support received from our development partners, IIRR – Kenya is seeking to fill the position of communications intern to support the production and delivery of high-quality knowledge and communication products for a fixed term period of 12 months.
What’s in it for you?
· Our internships are focused on skills and career-building. We will give you the chance to take the lead on key projects. We are proud to say that in the past 10 years, over 95% of our interns have gone on to work in the field of their choice.
· You will have the opportunity to gain experience in an international NGO, specifically in the areas of project management, program development, data management, networking and fundraising.
· Whereas all our internships are largely voluntary, a modest monthly allowance will be provided for your upkeep.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing or a related field completed in the last 5 years from a reputable University.
· Excellent written communication with the ability to tailor writing to different audiences.
· Excellent skills in documentation of projects’ best practices and learned lessons
· Able to identify and document strong, interesting stories / case studies
· Working knowledge of social media and online communications (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
· Flexible, willing to grow professionally and to learn new skills.
· proficiency in software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
· Passion and interest in rural development.
· Extremely well organised, and able to responding swiftly to requests while maintaining a very high quality of output to deadline
· Experience in an NGO set up and rural development
· Knowledge of French
· Knowledge of Farmer Field Schools methodology
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Intern will have the following main responsibilities:
· Support to organize online webinars /events/conferences/meetings
· Suggest story ideas and produce well-written stories of change and case studies from the IIRR and partners.
· Assist in the dissemination of knowledge generated from projects.
· Participate in data collection from the field for projects reports
· Review and edit data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follow up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected.
· Support in production of high-quality activity and donor narrative reports.
· Ensuring an internal inventory of case studies, features, photos, videos and reports is in place and can be accessed by staff for official use.
· Actively participating in team and or staff meeting; adding value to the meeting agenda and discussions for the purpose of enhancing programs’ effectiveness.
Note: This list of duties and responsibilities is by no means exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required. This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification;
How to apply
Please send your CV with names of three referees and a brief covering letter, which outlines how you meet the person specification (see Job Description on page 2), to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Friday 28th January 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted