Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sinapis Mobilization Coordinator
Position Overview: Sinapis is looking for a passionate Mobilization Coordinator who will support Sinapis’ expansion of entrepreneur training to Kenya’s coastal region
Reporting To: Sinapis Program Manager (based in Mombasa)
Location: Mombasa, Kenya
Term: 1.5 -year contract with 6-month probationary period
Compensation: Intermediate-level, range 70,000 – 100,000 KES gross monthly based on experience
Our mission at Sinapis is to make disciples and alleviate poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. We seek to foster the development of entrepreneurs and the growth of Kingdom businesses. These enterprises are led by entrepreneurs who strive for excellence in their business and who are intentional in reflecting and sharing their values in the marketplace, through the business decisions they make and the relationships they cultivate with employees, suppliers, and customers.
After ten years, we have surpassed the milestone of training over 5,000 entrepreneurs and are now entering an expansion stage which includes expansion within and outside of Kenya. Our current core offerings are as below:
- Sinapis Aspire. The Aspire program is a 9-week business training program for people who want to start a business, and would like to know how to successfully bring their idea to life.
- Sinapis Academy. Sinapis partners with local organizations to deliver the Sinapis Academy, an intensive 16-week business training program similar to a mini-MBA but customized for early and growth-stage ventures. This program is extremely practical, locally customized and specifically designed for entrepreneurs looking to grow their businesses.
- Sinapis Business Plan Competition. Upon completion of the Sinapis Academy training program, entrepreneurs are eligible to compete in the Sinapis Business Plan Competition, an annual competition in which the top 5-10 finalists compete for grant capital at a live pitch event.
- Fast Track Accelerator Program. The Sinapis Fast Track Accelerator (FTA) program is a 6-month accelerator that serves up to 15 graduates of the Sinapis Academy per year who have businesses capable of significant growth. The program begins with a customized business assessment for each participant coupled with access to high quality consultants, professional advisors, advanced training, investor match-making and biblical integration.
- Sinapis Alumni Network. Sinapis is committed to offering ongoing support of our alumni, with the intent to see the community flourish. This involves regular communications, events with valuable training and networking components, mentoring, and help with access to capital.
We will be expanding our programs within the coastal bloc of Kenya, with the goal of training more than 200 entrepreneurs each year across 6 coastal districts. This field officer position will be critical in supporting us to find and support the best entrepreneurs in this region. The Mobilization Coordinator will handle all partnership implementation activities, as well as to mobilize entrepreneurs to join courses. This Mobilization Coordinator will be based in Mombasa and will likely cover activities across several counties.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with the Project Manager to plan project awareness events including workshops, info session and program engagement clinics
- Engage in pipeline development activities that develop entrepreneurs databases.
- Collaborate with internal team members relevant projects implementation efforts
- Events coordination in partnering with local organizations, associations and institutions to promote links for the entrepreneurs
- Partnership identification, development and engagement to ensure continued exploration collaboration opportunities
- Seek to consistently maintain a high number of prospects, and work towards attaining a high conversion rate of project participants
- Assist in compiling, developing, analyzing, review of monthly, quarterly and emerging field reports and data; and ensure timely submission of these reports to the Project Manager
- Manage some logistics involved in running the Sinapis training programs across 6 coastal counties, including identifying guest speakers
- Tele-market our entrepreneurship programs to potential students and follow-up with confirmed students.
While this list comprises the main day-to-day activities of the Mobilization Coordinator, you may be required to complete other tasks not mentioned above but within the scope of program administration.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You are a follower of Christ who maintains a healthy relationship with Jesus as evidenced by (but not limited to) prayer, devotional reading of Scripture and spiritual discipline
- You are a people person, and have excellent communication skills with people of all types
- You are detail-oriented and can plan for and manage effective follow-up
- You are humble and have a teachable spirit
- You are energetic, hardworking and willing to go the extra mile to complete an assignment
- A heart for our organization’s mission and a calling for this work
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple work streams, with a knack for continuous improvement
- Ability to travel frequently within the coastal counties
- An outgoing people-person who enjoys interacting with people, both on phone and in person
- Natural selling ability; passionate and persuasive
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with business course work
- Ability to work in a very small team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Extremely positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and/or google workspace
- Honest with high levels of integrity
- Minimum of 4-6 years relevant work experience in project mobilization and implementation to ensure high participation
- Experience in the start-up and SME ecosystem
- Previous experience handling administrative duties
- Previous selling or project mobilization experience
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Deep, fulfilling impact – This is a mission that will impact thousands of lives economically, socially and spiritually. You will be part of a group that is daily making strides to take back the market-place to honor God and create value in Kenya
- Entrepreneurial work-environment – As a small organization, we are free from bureaucracies and you will enjoy the flexibility to be creative and try out new ideas that make sense
- Fantastic network – You’ll develop a robust network of inspiring entrepreneurs and entrepreneur-support organizations across Kenya
- Promising career growth – Sinapis is a small but growing organization with opportunities for career growth over time
How To Apply
Please send us a well-formatted and written cover letter along with your resume in PDF format to email@example.com by February 11th 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
The subject line of the email should read, “Mobilization Coordinator – Last Name, First Name”
Sinapis is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students/beneficiaries and the successful applicant will be required to provide a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.