Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Overview: Sinapis is looking for a passionate Special Projects Assistant who will support Sinapis special projects, primarily a 1-year project, the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women’s Road to Growth Program in Kenya, managing user engagement and alumni relations.
Reporting To: Sinapis Special Projects Coordinator
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Term: 9-month fixed contract with 1-month probationary period
Compensation: Entry-level, range 40,000 – 55,000 KES gross monthly based on experience
Our mission at Sinapis is to make disciples and alleviate poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. We seek to foster the development of entrepreneurs and the growth of Kingdom businesses. These enterprises are led by entrepreneurs who strive for excellence in their business and who are intentional in reflecting and sharing their values in the marketplace, through the business decisions they make and the relationships they cultivate with employees, suppliers, and customers.
After ten years, we have surpassed the milestone of training over 6,000 entrepreneurs and are now entering an expansion stage which includes expansion within and outside of Kenya. Our current core offerings are as below:
- Sinapis Aspire. The Aspire program is a 9-week business training program for people who want to start a business and would like to know how to successfully bring their idea to life.
- Sinapis Academy. Sinapis partners with local organizations to deliver the Sinapis Academy, an intensive 16-week business training program similar to a mini-MBA but customized for early and growth-stage ventures. This program is extremely practical, locally customized and specifically designed for entrepreneurs looking to grow their businesses.
- Sinapis Business Competition. Upon completion of the Sinapis Academy training program, entrepreneurs are eligible to compete in the Sinapis Business Competition, an annual competition in which the top 5-10 finalists compete for grant capital at a live pitch event.
- Fast Track Accelerator Program. The Sinapis Fast Track Accelerator (FTA) program is a 6-month accelerator that serves up to 15 graduates of the Sinapis Academy per year who have businesses capable of significant growth. The program begins with a customized business assessment for each participant coupled with access to high quality consultants, professional advisors, advanced training, investor match-making and biblical integration.
- Sinapis Alumni Network. Sinapis is committed to offering ongoing support of our alumni, with the intent to see the community flourish. This involves regular communications, events with valuable trainings and networking components, mentoring, and help with access to capital.
We are in our second year of running the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women’s Road to Growth program in Kenya, which entails managing the dispersion of Cherie Blair’s HerVenture app as well as training 200 women through the Cherie Blair Road to Growth business management training program. Sinapis requires a Special Projects Assistant who will handle all user engagement activities for this project as well as manage alumni events and communications required to support the project.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
1. Assist the Projects Team in developing and managing a user engagement plan, with the aim of enhancing HerVenture user engagement with the app and to boost lesson completion rates. This will include:
- Answering general questions about how to use the app and about content from users
- Checking in with new users to see if they have questions or need help o Publicizing local relevant events and announcements via the app
- Fostering discussion on lessons within the app
- Issuing certificates of completion to users who have completed lessons on the app
- Coordination of business consulting services for HerVenture app users
- Gather stories, testimonies and updates from the HV users
2. Assist the Projects Team in managing Road to Growth alumni interaction and networking. This will include:
- Manage the alumni database and ensure alumni contact information is accurate and up to date
- Managing alumni communications on WhatsApp groups, text messages and emails
- Planning regular alumni events
- Gather stories, testimonies and updates from the alumni
- Research and share with alumni available opportunities to enhance their businesses
3. Assist the projects team in managing all logistics involved in running the Road to Growth Program (R2G), including: o Support the projects team in achieving over 3,500 unique downloads of the HerVenture app
- Support the projects team in enrolling over 200 women in the Road to Growth business training program
- Assist in planning and executing various marketing drives to roll out the app and the call for applications for the training program, including exhibiting the app at booths and events, planning workshops, creating and releasing marketing collateral
- Assist in planning regular meetings of R2G project team, both in person and on zoom
- Communicate regularly with entrepreneurs, trainers, and program leadership from
- Cherie Blair in the UK
- Assist in coordinating training logistics for online trainings
4. Assist Sinapis in other responsibilities related to running Sinapis programs, including: o Provide general support to office visitors
- Make calls to entrepreneurs to encourage them to join Sinapis classes
- Assist Sinapis Team with other events or activities as time allows, including but not limited to setting up for workshop and alumni events and various office-related tasks
While this list comprises the main day-to-day activities of the Special Projects Assistant, you may be required to complete other tasks not mentioned above but within the scope of program administration.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You are a follower of Christ who maintains a healthy relationship with Jesus as evidenced by (but not limited to) prayer, devotional reading of Scripture and spiritual discipline
- You are a people person, and have excellent communication skills with people of all types
- You are detail-oriented and can plan for and manage effective follow-up
- You are humble and have a teachable spirit
- You are energetic, hardworking and willing to go the extra mile to complete an assignment
- A heart for our organization’s mission and a calling for this work
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple work streams, with a knack for continuous improvement
- An outgoing people-person who enjoys interacting with people, both on phone and in person
- Natural selling ability; passionate and persuasive
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team to make things happen – turning ideas and strategy into tangible realities, outcomes and processes
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with communication or business course work
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Extremely positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Honest with high levels of integrity
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience
- Experience in the Start-up and SME ecosystem
- Previous experience in alumni relations
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Deep, fulfilling impact – This is a mission that will impact thousands of lives economically, socially and spiritually. You will be part of a group that is daily making strides to take back the market-place to honor God and create value in Kenya
- Entrepreneurial work-environment – As a small organization, we are free from bureaucracies and you will enjoy the flexibility to be creative and try out new ideas that make sense
- Fantastic network – You’ll develop a robust network of inspiring entrepreneurs and entrepreneur-support organizations across Kenya
- Promising career growth – Sinapis is a small but growing organization with opportunities for career growth over time
How To Apply
Please send us a well-formatted and written cover letter along with your resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please note that submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. The application deadline is 24th January 2022.
Sinapis is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students/beneficiaries and the successful applicant will be required to provide a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
The subject line of the email should read, “Special Projects Assistant – Last Name, First Name”