Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Organization: Bodhi Global Analysis
- Location: Remote | Kenya (Kenya) | United Kingdom
- Grade: Junior
- Occupational Groups:
- Scientist and Researcher
- Peace and Development
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Climate Change
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2022-04-01
Bodhi Global Analysis is a UK based international development research consultancy firm, with a subsidiary in Nairobi. At Bodhi we are committed to producing high-quality research, through academic rigour and objective analysis. We enable international development stakeholders to develop responsive interventions and effective outcomes through evidence-based strategy recommendations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Research Assistant to join our highly dynamic and growing team. The ideal candidate will be proactive and committed to producing sound, objective research and analysis.
In the role, you will apply research to some of the most current and complex humanitarian and development issues. The individual will be involved in undertaking research across a range of thematic issues, in fragile and conflict affected settings (FCAS). You will be based in the UK or Kenya, working remotely. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK or Kenya
Specifically, you will be working on short to mid-term projects focusing on the triple nexus between humanitarian aid, development and peacebuilding. Projects range from conflict analysis and prevention, peacebuilding, resilience-building, gender mainstreaming, economic empowerment, climate change and livelihoods. Our clients range from intergovernmental organisations including the UN, (i)NGOs and non-profit organisations.
The position is a full-time contract with a 3-month probationary period
This position is ideal for you if you:
- Have an interest in developing experience conducting research in FCAS
- Are proactive – you anticipate problems and tasks, communicate them to the team, and propose solutions
- Committed to producing sound, objective research and analysis
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
Working with Bodhi, you will:
- Have ample opportunity to build diverse experience across thematic and geographic contexts
- Have the opportunity to develop research ideas, with the flexibility to pursue your own research interests
- Improve your research and organisational skills
- Conduct substantial fieldwork, with the opportunity to improve your foreign language skills, or learn a new one
- Have the flexibility to schedule and manage your work as tailored to your needs
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supporting different stages of research and M&E projects, including the design, inception and analysis phase
- Conduct in-depth literature and desk reviews using a variety of secondary sources to support the delivery of research projects
- Conduct data cleaning and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and interpret findings
- Undertake the design of research instruments and remote and in-person fieldwork
- Support Senior Researchers, Head of Research and Head of Monitoring and Evaluation to deliver research programmes to a high quality and standard.
- Contribute to the critical review, analysis and publication of reports, articles and data.
- To perform any other reasonable duties as directed by line management.
- Project Support
- Support identification of tenders and development of proposals, including researching clients, existing programmes, and development topics and writing of proposals.
- Qualification and experience
- Masters degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies, or a related discipline
- Thematic interest and experience in conflict, climate change, food security, governance, economic development, and/or youth and gender
- 1-3 years experience conducting relevant research
- Fluency in English, other languages highly desirable
- Ability to cope well under pressure, and to occasionally work irregular hours to meet tight deadlines
- Core competencies
- Research skills: Ability to think critically and analytically to distill information for relevance and context, strong report drafting skills and ability to write in a lucid accessible style.
- Proficiency in both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies is desirable, though experience will be provided through the role
- Interest or experience in drafting guides for key informant interviews and focus groups is an advantage.
- Proven knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Understanding and application of statistical analysis software (e.g. SPSS and/or STATA) is an added advantage.
- Key values and principles
- Attention to detail: A commitment to high quality deliverables and reports, meticulous in approach to research and report writing.
- Initiative and flexibility: Competency in independent working, show initiative towards completing goals and objectives, but also have the flexibility to adapt and answer to different demands necessary to fulfil assigned tasks
- Teamwork: Openness to ideas and input from others on team, ability to work collaboratively, have strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Organisation: A systematic approach to work, with the ability to multitask and manage time efficiently, meeting deadlines under pressure
- Integrity: Must have a strong sense of research and professional ethics, be conscientious in approach to work and be committed to Bodhi’s research standards
- Communication: Ability to communicate (verbal and written) confidently in English and to adapt to different audiences and cultural contexts
How to Apply:
- Covering letter
- Three references
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.