Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requirements of the role
- 1) Demonstrable experience in managing diverse investments.
- 2) Supporting investment deal origination.
- 3) Conducting due diligence and developing investment proposals for new investments.
- 4) Portfolio management of existing investments.
- 5) Providing general support to the senior management team on investment operational matters.
Duties And Responsibilities
a) Investment Management
- 1) Development and implementation of a comprehensive and innovative Investment strategy.
- 2) Work with colleagues to identify, negotiate and appraise a portfolio of debt, equity and mezzanine investments. This involves:
- a. deal origination and initial screening and appraisal of new investment opportunities
- b. alongside CEO and Board, participating in commercial negotiations relating to the structure and terms of any potential investment
- c. Carrying out due diligence of investment opportunities, including oversight of SIC’s Investments in commercial units, as well as liaising with third-party service providers as required
- 3) Lead investor relations forums and engagements.
b) Portfolio Management
Provide on-going portfolio management and reporting on portfolio investments, to include:
- 1) Monitoring and evaluation of investment performance against key targets, including the management and reporting of potential business/investment risks as they arise.
- 2) Providing (or procuring from within SIC or externally) management support to help investees as required.
- 3) Involvement in quarterly portfolio reporting to the Corporate Team and SIC’s Board.
- 4) Work with the Corporate team to ensure that SIC resources are most effectively utilised across the portfolio; and
- 5) Developing and maintaining an active pipeline of investment opportunities.
Work closely with the senior team in the firm to manage the day-to-day activities and overall financial performance of the firm:
- 1) Participate in budget and investment target setting
- 2) Work with the corporate team on overall strategy, cost-management and operational objectives
- 3) Monitor the financial performance against agreed KPIs; and
- 4) Contribute to external reporting.
- 1. The Investment Manager will be an integral part of an investment team, reporting to the CEO and the Board of Directors
- 2. With respect to matters relating to new and existing investments, the employee will also work with the respective Business Unit Managers and Specialist teams
- Undergraduate Degree from a reputable university with a post graduate education in business
- Registered with relevant professional bodies
- Investment Qualification is an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Not less than 5-7 years’ experience in a relevant investment business (e.g. private equity, DFI, impact investor, financial services)
- Experience of working in Kenya in an investment role
- Excellent analytical, finance, and negotiation skills (including familiarity with a range of debt and equity instruments)
- Strong financial modelling skills (including equity valuation models)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collegiate working style with a strong management capability
- Ability to develop and manage strategic relationships with funders, peer organizations and potential investees
- Ideally an understanding and experience of funding and development priorities in Kenya
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your applications to email@example.com by 24th March, 2022.