Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manager – Market Regulation – (22000175)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Manager – Market Regulation within Corporate Affairs Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Public Policy and Market Regulation the role holder will provide Safaricom with skilled and professional analytical and advisory services, with an emphasis on regulatory and public policy issues, handling regulatory consumer-related matters, industry engagements, policy review, research, management of interconnection and regulatory contracts and related inter-operator activities of Safaricom.
- Provide guidance in the management of queries and disputes arising from. Regulators such as the CA, CAK, KCAA, NEMA etc and escalations from other business functions.
- Disputes from Interconnection and other regulatory agreements. Ensure all the required procedures under the agreement and regulations are observed in resolving the dispute.
- To substantively respond to consumer-related complaints from CA, CAK etc.
Product & Service Approvals
- To obtain approvals for the launch of products and services.
- Advise the business units on regulatory requirements for roll out of products and services.
Research and Analytical Support
- To conduct and document in detail research findings on issues/topics of interest to the business.
- Compile and analyze regulatory and public policy topics of interest to inform decision making around those topics.
- Track trends in regulatory issues, and benchmark Safaricom’s position with this.
- Prepare detailed opinions on various regulatory issues, share and develop best practice methods.
Policy and Legislation Review.
- To review and advise the business on policies, bills, legislation industry codes of conduct.
- To assist in the negotiating, drafting, review and file management of
- Interconnection agreements for national, IDD and VoIP
- Roaming and signalling contracts
- International carrier agreements
- Co-location and facility sharing agreements.
- National capacity leases
- Maintain positive relationships between Safaricom, Regulators, National Government and other stakeholders that will assist Safaricom achieve its commercial objectives.
- Contribute in developing industry policy, legislation, guidelines and codes of practice.
- Support the public policy team in the preparation of opinions on public policy and competition matters as well as engagement with regulators and policy makers.
- Monitor and advise the business on anticipated changes in legislation affecting the telecommunication industry and how these will affect the business.
- Ensure that Safaricom is an active participant in industry consultations.
- Engage and participate actively in industry initiatives to ensure unified approach to common industry concerns for the benefit of Safaricom.
- Develop and deliver contracts for various services in the business.
- A degree in law or a business-related field from a recognized university.
- Certification in Public Policy, Legislative drafting would be an advantage.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in an ICT company or regulatory authority
- In-depth understanding of the Kenyan ICT regulatory framework and environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience in negotiating and drafting technical contracts.
- Experience in strategic decision making
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- High level experience and skills working with stakeholders
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from university in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
- National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.