Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB REF HR/6/LO: LEGAL OFFICER
The Purpose of this Job is to carry out the functions of Legal Services Division of legal research, collecting, verifying and compiling legal information and documents to enable the department to achieve its objectives.
Key Responsibilities /Duties/Tasks
- Compiling contract documentation for preparation and related documents for the Corporation.
- Undertaking research on different legal matters as assigned and directed by the supervisor
- Attending court from time to time and taking notes of proceedings.
- Identifying legal and compliance risks and issues relative to the Corporation’s intended actions.
- Provides of day to day legal and regulatory support to the functional areas covering general compliance queries and reviews.
- Liaises with external lawyers on all cases filed against the Corporation to ensure instructions, witnesses and statements are procured on time.
- Case management by preparing a matrix of all legal matters, flagging the action points. follow up of action points and updating the matrix.
- Prepares and files appropriate court documents.
- Prepares, follows up and accompanies witnesses to attend court sessions.
- Receives legal documentation and verifies before forwarding for execution or filing.
- Obtains information required on case files and communicates to the external advocates. Identifies legal and compliance risks.
- Carries out legal research and preparing draft legal opinions.
- Obtains Information needed for due diligence and carrying out due diligence;
- Obtains and avails the documents and information required for legal audits.
- Ensure the Court diary is well maintained.
- Ensure all court files have adequate pleadings.
- Review and verify documentation vis-à-vis historical information contained in individual case files.
- Obtain information required on case files and communicating to the supervisor.
- Undertaking such assignments as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
Responsibility for physical assets
- Computer and accessories
- Office furniture and equipment
Decision making /Job Influence
- Analytical Decisions
- Legal Decisions
- Operational Decisions
- The Job holder operate in an office setting, with regular court attendance.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes/Skills
- Bachelor of Law degree from a recognized institution;
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education.
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
NOTE: Kindly take note of the following revisions to the earlier job advertisement that appeared on the MY GOV Publication dated 5th April, 2022;
- Please note that this job advert closing date has been revised to 25th April, 2022
- The Position of Senior Office Assistant/Messenger has been revised to Grade KNTC 8;
- The following Clearances will ONLY be required from successful candidates on offer of job and not at application stage;
- Clearance from Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Good Conduct Certificate);
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission;
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate);
- Clearance from Higher Educations Loans Board (HELB);
Full job descriptions with requirements are as attached in the link below:
While applying, interested candidates are also guided to check the KNTC Salary structure from below link:
Interested candidates are hereby called upon to apply in confidence to the address below via Post Office or Hand delivery or via the Email firstname.lastname@example.org latest 25th April, 2022. enclosing cover letter, CV with full details of education background, professional qualifications and relevant experience together with copies of testimonials, academic certificates and National Identity card.
KENYA NATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION
2ND FLOOR, KNTC COMPLEX
OFF NANYUKI ROAD, INDUSTRIAL AREA
PO. BOX 30587 – 00100
KNTC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons including the Youth, Women, Persons with Disability and Persons from Minority groups to apply. Only successful candidates shall be contacted for interviews and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KNTC does NOT charge any fee at any stage of recruitment.