Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Administrative Officer/ICT Support
CMMB’s Finance and Administration Department plays a critical role in ensuring that CMMB efficiently and effectively utilizes its resources in achieving its program goals through least cost and value for money. The Department strives to ensure that all expenditures are in compliance with both CMMB policies, donor requirements and National laws. Through a team of dedicated staff, the team upholds utmost integrity, honesty, and love in the execution of their roles to achieve CMMB’s vision, mission and core values.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
As an integral support member of the Finance and Administration Department, the Administrative Officer will facilitate smooth day-to-day operations of the department. Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Manager Finance and Administration, the Administrative Officer will ensure administrative and operational efficiency for organization success. In addition, this employee will serve as the organization’s receptionist.
Reception and Administrative Functions
- Manage the Kenya front office, direct all visitors and adhere to front office security and safety procedures.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondences coming through the reception, open and date-stamp all general correspondence.
- Responsible for monitoring the functioning of fixed telephone lines and extensions and report breakdown and faulty lines.
- Monitoring the correct functioning of the security doors and proper image and condition of the reception area and conference room.
- Receiving and screening all incoming visitors in accordance with CMMB security procedures.
- Receive mail/parcels delivered to the program, record in the mail register and distribute to the appropriate addressees.
- Coordinate collections and delivery of mail/parcels by courier service.
- Prepare internal telephone directory and ensure it is always up to date.
- Support the procurement and logistics officer in establishing detailed requirements for office supplies, equipment and other goods required for workshops and meetings.
- Support in preparing payment requests for all purchases of goods and services, review and ensure all supporting documents including contracts are attached.
- Support in coordinating travel and accommodation for project staff, volunteers and visitors by making relevant travel arrangements and hotel bookings
- Facilitate day-to-day activities such as meetings, conferences, special events and appointments, to include making catering/clean up arrangements, facilitating conference calls and setting up presentations.
- Manage taxi requests for staff including processing payments to vendors.
Country Director’s Office
- Manage the Country Director’s filling system and ensure prompt retrieval of required documents and information on need basis.
- Timely manage the Country Director’s events/appointments to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in honouring the same.
- Follow up on other miscellaneous duties assigned from time to time by the Country Director.
- Ensure assets are assigned stock numbers, bar-coded and tagged as per CMMB guidelines.
- Plan for and support the periodic physical inventories of office equipment to ensure accuracy of serial numbers, stock descriptions, net total on hand and exact location of property.
- Submit reports on physical inventories to the supervisor on a monthly basis, and reconcile these records with the General Ledger.
- Managing and maintaining a comprehensive electronic database of expendable and non-expendable property; enter data on all incoming expendable and non-expendable property, acquisitions, disposals, transfers, deletions, and corrections.
- Compile records of assets for insurance, ensuring the relevant classes of insurance are obtained for assets held, including liaising with the insurers on acquisitions, refunds on disposals and lodging claims on losses.
- Collaborate in the sale of non-expendable property declared surplus or unserviceable and in the destruction of property.
- Maintain records of all assets owned by the Country Office, assignment records to staff and partners, sales, donations, destructions and write-offs approved by the Country Director.
Petty Cash Management
- Manage the petty cash funds in both USD and KSHS currencies as outlined in the policy.
- Ensure the safe provided is always placed in a secure place under lock and key.
- Record daily disbursements and cash counts from OCH in the excel worksheets provided.
- Initiate replenishment for the petty cash when it reaches a level of 75% to ensure consistent availability of funds.
- Liaise with New York IT department or contracted vendors to ensure that all laptops/computers are to be used configured and prepared for use.
- Act as the first point of contact for all staff in any IT related issue.
- Ensure all CMMB new staff, interns and volunteers take IT security training.
- Follow-up with all CMMB staff who have not completed assigned security training within 30 days.
- Ensure all IT policies (existing/new) are posted online (intranet) and follow-up with all CMMB staff to ensure they read and sign the policies.
- Email envisaged monthly IT newsletter to CMMB staff.
Other competencies relevant for the position:
- Demonstrates good oral and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead and plan effectively.
- Good Interpersonal relations skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to safeguard confidentiality of information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (resolve problems or recommend solutions to supervisor).
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Degree in Business Administration with professional qualifications in Customer Care or Public Relations.
- Knowledge of telephone/communication systems, Microsoft Office Applications and Asset Management.
- Experience in PABX system, strong interpersonal and communication skills. Good writing skills. Good organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and treat people fairly and equitably.
How to apply