Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Project Officer — Cervical & Breast Cancer Project
Location: Mutomo, Kitui, Kenya
The Programs Department plays a critical role in achieving CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of women and children, by leading the provision of high quality programs focused on children’s and mothers’ health, and particularly in the development and implementation of our CHAMPS model. This team is also responsible for generating revenue from and partnering effectively with government(s), major foundations, and other major donors, and will help to position and enhance CMMB’s technical capacity and reputation in the field of global healthcare.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
You will be part of a team overseeing delivery on the goals of the Cervical and Breast Cancer project which include primary and secondary prevention as well as optimization of utilization of cancer care and treatment services. You will be expected to work directly with communities in creating demand for screening services. You will also work with clinical teams in the health facilities to catalyse access to timely and quality cancer care and treatment. Lastly, the nature of this role will expose you to work with program team and other stakeholders including Ministry of Health teams towards stepped up advocacy and attention to the health of women.
Support Service Delivery
- Support the overall implementation and day to day operations of the Cervical and Breast cancer project including planning/coordinating, providing technical support and field supervision to the health facility teams in terms of service delivery and capacity development.
- Support in planning, organizing and conducting trainings and capacity building initiatives for all program supported teams including healthcare workers, Community Health Volunteers to support implementation of project activities
- Assist in developing and standardizing programmatic tools and materials including: Standard Operating Procedures; Educational and Training Materials; Program Evaluations and Reports; IEC materials
- Work with the implementing team and Program Manager to plan, construct and manage project budgets.
- Support the beneficiary health facilities to manage equipment, commodities and supplies inventory, ordering, and distribution of supplies.
- Ensure technical rigor of program data collection, management, analysis and reporting. Collaborate with the M&E Officer and Program Manager to ensure that the quality of dashboards and reports – represent and evolve with the project.
- Participate in routine monitoring of mobile clinics and facility visits to identify gaps in quality assurance and ensure program goals are achieved.
- In close collaboration with the CHAMPS Manager and M&E to ensure project related data is collected and utilized to reinforce enhancement of patient management interventions.
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of program activities to identify gaps and challenges that should be taken into account in order to develop and implement more innovative and integrated programming.
Contribute to the analysis of research data, interpretation of results and writing of manuscripts.
- Work closely with MOH Kitui County Health Department to ensure cooperation as well as integration with county health and development plans, priorities, systems and service delivery structures.
- Liaise with county and national governments, donors, and other operational partners in Kitui via attendance at meetings, Technical Working Groups, consultations, and other forums with the objective of advocacy for Cervical & Breast cancer care identifying and building upon opportunities for collaboration that align with CMMB’s goals.
Qualifications and Experiences
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Clinical Medicine.
- You have a least years’ hands-on experience in, RMNCAH clinical and programming in the rural context, working with MoH.
- You have excellent coordination and networking skills including liaison with stakeholders.
- You have Technical expertise in critical components of integrated Cervical & Breast Cancer and RMNCAH.
- You have excellent coordination and networking skills including liaison with stakeholders
- Your analytical and writing skills are very good.
- You have experience working in an NGO.
- You have experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and have data analysis software skills
- You’re a timely and effective communicator with superior presentation skills and proven skills building.
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to apply
All applications must be received by April 22nd, 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.