Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Temporary Logistics Assistants/Drivers (10 Positions)
Location: Mutomo, Kitui, Kenya
The Programs Department plays a critical role in achieving CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of women and children, by leading the provision of high quality programs focused on children’s and mothers’ health, and particularly in the development and implementation of our CHAMPS model. This team is also responsible for generating revenue from and partnering effectively with government(s), major foundations, and other major donors, and will help to position and enhance CMMB’s technical capacity and reputation in the field of global healthcare.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
Reporting to the Global Fund Program Manager, the Logistics Assistant/Driver will be responsible for the safe driving and care of CMMB vehicles and property. He/she will at all times comply with the traffic regulations and the Organizations’ policies and regulations on vehicle Management as well as the Kenya Traffic Act CAP 403, Laws of Kenya.
Perform Daily, Weekly, Monthly Transport Duties
- Drive CMMB vehicles, and or equipment as shall be assigned by the Supervisor or in a safe and economical manner in conjunction with the regulations in place.
- The Driver is responsible for the routine check-up of the vehicles, routine check-up to include but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights & tire condition, windshield wipers, etc.
- Confirm availability of vehicle tools and equipment’s before, during and after work.
- The Driver shall always maintain assigned vehicles clean and in good condition, properly for the convenience of the Organizations’ operations.
- The driver shall always stop the engine and electric power of assigned vehicles to save consumption of fuels and the general vehicle engine performance.
- He/she shall ensure compliance with the given directives.
- The Driver shall handover the assigned vehicles by doing a comprehensive handover report before departing for leave.
- Produce weekly records of approved mileage travelled.
- Assists with logistical matters, e.g., deliveries, visa applications, statutory payments, picking up and collecting mail from post office and other errands as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ensure safety of the vehicle/passengers/materials.
- Embrace ownership, caution and responsible behaviour while driving to avoid any form of intoxication.
- Ensure safety of passengers on aboard CMMB vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle first aid kit and fire extinguishers and other vehicle safety equipment are available and in good condition.
- He/She shall carry only authorized passengers as per the Organization policies on vehicle management.
- The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulations and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the Traffic Act, Laws of Kenya.
- The driver shall at all times park the vehicles at the designated parking area/secure place with all doors and windows locked, keys kept safely.
- Ensure that all passengers are on safety belts for trips within, and outside Nairobi.
- The driver shall always drive vehicles safely and comfortably and must exercise defensive driving while on the road to prevent accident.
- Reckless driving shall be sufficient ground for the driver’s recall and consequently be a cause of disciplinary action.
- He/she shall adhere to Safety and Security regulations/SOPs.
Ensure all vehicles legal documentation or condition is met by the organization.
- Check validity of vehicle insurance covers, road license and Police inspection stickers.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is serviced as stipulated in the periodic servicing schedules.
- Report license expiry dates to the Supervisor on time to facilitate renewals.
- The Driver shall update vehicles log book particulars by making right entries.
- Clearly indicate in the Drivers’ logbook the amount of fuel taken and location.
Reporting of accidents and incidents.
- Report immediately to the Police and Supervisor; not accepting liability on behalf of Cmmb.
- Present a comprehensive report to the management within 24 hours.
- Minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education and Valid Driving license class BCE.
- You have 5 years of relevant work experience.
- You have significant relevant training or experience in defensive driving.
- You have a valid Certificate of good conduct.
- You have good communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- You can effectively use Microsoft office packages.
- You are willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Willing and able to work in a team environment.
- You have good working knowledge of all major local road networks and city streets.
- You have experience in logistics.
- You are knowledgeable of the relevant laws and Traffic Act.
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we are going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to apply
All applications must be received by April 22nd, 2022.