Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB REF: ELDOWAS/2022/AM/03 – 1 post
Reporting to: Human Resource and Administration Manager.
To provide administrative support services to the company to maximize on service delivery and support the efforts towards the achievement of corporate goals.
Job Grade 10
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Formulate and review administrative policies;
- Oversee the management of service contracts and service level agreements for outsourced services;
- Oversee the process of acquiring new service providers related to all outsourced services falling under administration section;
- Lead, manage, coach and motivate the team in the division ensuring they have clear objectives, targets, and receive meaningful feedback on their performance;
- Conduct bi-annual and annual performance appraisals for direct reports and support the direct reports in under taking the same for staff under their supervision;
- Provide general supervision and coordination of administration teams by providing clear vision for the function and the organization in general;
- Develop organizational administration strategy and draw clear objectives and outputs to deliver the same;
- Develop departmental budgets;
- Monitor budget expenditure and provide guidance to Administration Section on financial discrepancies;
- Forecast administrative staff needs for the Section;
- Formulate and implement Records Management policies
- Oversee overall responsibility for administrative activities by taking charge of the day-today operations;
- Oversee allocation of office space to all staff, phones, work stations, smooth internet among others;
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all the company resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace;
- Develop fleet management plan/schedules to ensure staff field travels are well serviced
- Oversee vehicles and other motorized equipment are serviced on time and at the most reasonable costs;
- Ensure meeting rooms / areas are ready for meetings at all times;
- Create and maintain effective internal controls for equipment inventory and management;
- Monitor various activities and contracts –service or maintenance;
- Provide reports to management on regular basis on the activities managed and cost cutting initiatives;
- Monitor, supervise and ensure safety measures are incorporated into all premises/offices;
- Co-ordinate and manage all administrative issues like hygiene, compound cleanness, supply of office utilities and stationeries;
- Develop and maintain up-to-date, effective security measures to protect properties and staff;
- Oversee all maintenance activities and maintain a regular schedule of maintenance for the Company Assets;
- Work hand in hand with the Head of Finance to ensure all staff and organization assets and tools are covered adequately and timely and the respective premiums paid promptly;
- Ensure adequate records of fleet management/movement, and put in place policies /structures to guard against abuse;
- Management of fuel consumption (generator /office cars / contracts;
- Ensure provision transport and logistical services to the staff and the area officers;
- Ensure records management is provided in compliance with the Legal provisions and Company quality standards;
- Ensure provision of all auxiliary and housekeeping services;
- Ensure travel clearance, visas and other necessary travel documents for the Board of
- Directors and staff travelling out of the country on official duties are done promptly
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration;
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience;
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources,
- processes, projects and relationships;
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals;
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented;
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader;
- Must have management and Leadership skills;
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines;
- Should have problem solving and decision-making abilities;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department;
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills;
- Must have knowledge in use of MS Office package
Candidates Interested in these positions are expected to meet the qualification and experience requirements detailed in the full advertisement in our website http://www.eldowas.or.ke, fill the job application questionnaire and only submit to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching up to date Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) tax compliance, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance certificates on or before 22nd April, 2022 at 5.00 p.m. No other attachments are required.
ELDOWAS is an equal opportunity employer committed to implementing affirmative action therefore women, persons with disability minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Due to Covid-19 protocols, we shall only be accepting applications through the above email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“No payment is required for any step during the recruitment process. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification”.
Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company Ltd
P.O. Box 8418, 30100, Eldoret, Kenya