Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB REF: ELDOWAS/2022/PDCO/06 – 1 post
Reporting to: Planning, Design and Construction Manager.
Assist in planning, organizing and direct the maintenance work section.
Job Grade 7
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist to Plan, assign, schedule, supervise, and evaluate section supervisors of the wastewater treatment plant;
- Assist Plan and recommend the improvement of plant facilities including capital projects and maintenance project improvements;
- Assist in Preparing and administer budget for assigned sections of the wastewater treatment plant;
- Plan and conduct field surveys to locate new sites and analyze details of project sites. Survey land or bodies of water to measure or determine features;
- Conduct materials test and analysis using tools and equipment and applying engineering knowledge;
- Assist to Monitor installation of plumbing, wiring, equipment, or appliances to ensure that installation is performed properly and is in compliance with applicable regulations;
- Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment, or elevation of structures or fixtures to ensure compliance to building plans and codes;
- Monitoring construction activities to ensure that environmental regulations are not violated;
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, or construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations;
- Estimate cost of completed work or of needed renovations or upgrades.
- Producing designs, both initial outlines and full plans, of sewerage, water treatment and flood defense structures such as pump systems and pipe networks;
- Carry out designs and construction supervision of sewerage projects;
- Managing and maintaining water and sewerage infrastructure operations;
- Presenting project details and technical information to colleagues and clients;
- Writing reports;
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulatory legislation and guidelines;
- Writing and advertising tender documents and managing contracts;
- Liaising with clients, contractors, government agencies, local authorities and suppliers;
- Supervising staff and site workers;
- Using a variety of specialist computer applications/simulation software;
- Ensuring that projects keep to budgets and timescales;
- Maintaining an awareness of current environmental issues;
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Construction/ Civil Engineering or any other with 6 years’ experience
- Higher National Civil Engineering.
- Registered Member of Institute of Engineers of Kenya.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle divisional budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources,
- processes, projects and relationships;
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector;
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals
Candidates Interested in these positions are expected to meet the qualification and experience requirements detailed in the full advertisement in our website http://www.eldowas.or.ke, fill the job application questionnaire and only submit to email@example.com attaching up to date Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) tax compliance, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance certificates on or before 22nd April, 2022 at 5.00 p.m. No other attachments are required.
ELDOWAS is an equal opportunity employer committed to implementing affirmative action therefore women, persons with disability minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Due to Covid-19 protocols, we shall only be accepting applications through the above email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“No payment is required for any step during the recruitment process. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification”.
Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company Ltd
P.O. Box 8418, 30100, Eldoret, Kenya