Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN JOB GROUP “F’’
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and updating of Electrical drawings during ongoing remodeling and renovations
- Ensure proper preparations of all practical classes and coordinate both internal and KNEC
- Provide technical support for electrical systems and equipment throughout the College as assigned including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance;
- Tools & Equipment control: Ensure all tools, equipment and appliances are available.
- In consultation with the HOD, create schedules, conduct tests and document results according to established standards.
- Provide specific advisory/attendance to consultants and procurement teams on new applicable trends and compatibility of systems within the college.
- Promptly respond to system/equipment Breakdown Maintenance (BDM) and ensure timely completion of Preventive Maintenance (PPM) for electrical system/equipment as per the established procedures.
- Liaise between College and service/maintenance contractors/teams
- Liaise with user Departments for maintenance activities and report to supervisor on issues arising.
- Participate in electrical quality assurance and Control audits.
- Coordinate and/or participate in requests for special projects, such as new systems/equipment acquisition purchase planning, development of bid specifications, etc.
- In consultation with the HOD, develop with the supervisor Preventative Maintenance schedules and guidelines;
- Perform incident investigation and system/equipment performance analysis as required.
- In consultation with the HOD, develop or review emergency and safety plans related to the use and operation of electrical systems/equipment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- At least a certificate in Electrical Engineering (Power option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution and a final certificate from the national examining body (KNEC or NITA TRADE TEST 1 )
- At least one years of experience in a similar position.
- Must be a holder of KCSE certificate with Physics as a subject
- Proficiency in computer application skills.
- Competent in technical operation and maintenance of HV/LV distribution, switchgear and controls, PLC’S, generators, Motors and the current devices in the industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, high integrity and reliable;
- Very good analytical and organizational skills as well as excellent in documentation and generation of reports.
- Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision, has initiative and is proactive
- Capacity to manage several tasks and requests simultaneously
- ERC/EPRA license will be and added advantage.
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS
Successful candidates in the interviews will be required to present and satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing original copies of the following documents as an employment condition:
a) A certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI);
b) A Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
c) A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
d) Clearance certificates from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Applications should be received ONLINE on or before close of business Tuesday 26th April 2022 (Latest 5 pm East African Time) and MUST clearly state the POSITION applied for as the subject via email to:
Kasarani technical and vocational college
Kasarani technical and vocational college is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing of any kind will lead to automatic disqualification. Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.